Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I tried to resist...

But I have an incoming Ninchritz.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I only see two nomos models and some straps, am I looking at the wrong page?
They delete the listing after the watch sells. They sold about 25 45 watches today I'd estimate [EDIT: I just realized I still had a browser window open from when I purchased my Ninchritz...at that time, pretty early in the sale, they still had 45 watches on reduced pricing...I think all of those sold].

A few Dornbluth, couple Kudokes, few Ninchritz, bunch of Sinns, bunch of Fortis, few Hanharts...etc.

The Fortis deals were nice - like the Tycoon Date model watch on sale for $460 (stated reference list price of $2160).

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Reactions: CrownJewels

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
I was tempted but if I want that PC.....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Interesting sale. Take note that the watches all have a reason they're discounted - defects, used for promotional photos, had to be adjusted due to not running properly out of the box. Not that there's anything wrong with them, but these aren't fresh from the factory with a mfg warranty.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I jumped on the Fortis Classic Cosmonauts Chronograph on bracelet for $1750.
It seemed like a great deal and I knew I might only have minutes to think about it.
I have a Fortis Cosmonaut titanium 3-hand that I hardly ever wear and have been meaning to sell.
At least that's how I justified pulling the trigger!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Interesting sale. Take note that the watches all have a reason they're discounted - defects, used for promotional photos, had to be adjusted due to not running properly out of the box. Not that there's anything wrong with them, but these aren't fresh from the factory with a mfg warranty.
True, but each watch is "Backed by a two year WatchBuys warranty with service from RGM" which gave me some level of comfort.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought my D. Dornblüth & Sohn Regulator from Watchbuys on this same sale a few years ago. I inspected that watch...even with a loupe. It was completely perfect. Not a single sign it had ever been touched by a human hand. I asked them why it was on sale, and they told me it was used for promo photos. The watch was far less handled than any watch I've ever encountered sold as "new" from a jeweller's case.

Most of these German small producer watches only had a 2-year warranty anyways (including Dornbluth, Kudoke, Jaeger & Benzinger, Hanhart, etc.) - and when bought from Watchbuys had to be sent to RGM for service in the US even if bought new. Soooo...no difference at all from the Summer Sale watches in most cases.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow awesome watch, i have so many memories of going to Nurnberg 🥰
Never been there myself...but my last trip abroad before Covid hit was to Portugal! Loved it. Wine trip to the Douro and some nights in Oporto.

• Love
Reactions: Ptmd

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Never been there myself...but my last trip abroad before Covid hit was to Portugal! Loved it. Wine trip to the Douro and some nights in Oporto.
A really Nice city 😁 i know because i live near Oporto ahah
Cheers mate

Reactions: CrownJewels

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quick update - I just received the Ninchritz and it appears to be in perfect condition...again, I cannot see any sign it was ever even touched. That is 2-for-2 for me on these Watchbuys sales. Very pleased!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts