WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

I'm trying to work out driving down on 1 Apr, spending the day, heading back up that evening.

Anyone in the Frankfurt area interested in such a short trip? We'd have to leave at something like 6 AM, reach Basel ca 9 AM, then head back to the Frankfurt area around 8 PM at the latest so that we're back home in our beds later that evening.

Alternative: spend the night in Freiburg in a Hotel. Basel will probably be prohibitively expensive (I worked there for 6 years and we always had to schedule our meetings around Basel World in order to even get hotel space), but Freiburg is ca 1 hour away and would be doable: I even know this great Irish pub (O'Dwyers)...

My interests: Damasko's new automatic work and Patek's silicon work. I imagine that Stowa will also show the ProDiver there and of course there's Sinn as well...

So: any one interested? I can take 4 others with me in a pinch, it'd be more comfortable with three (525TD, and you'd need to be comfortable with German autobahn speeds, but the car tops out at 220 so it's probably not soooo terrifying...).

JohnF

G

·
Hi John,

I´ll be there on March 31, already scheduled appointments with Jörg Schauer and Thomas Ickler. Hope to meet Ernie the same day.

Disappointing for your: Damasko isn´t at Basel.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Darn!

I was hoping for too much, then... :) Guess we'll all have to wait to see what Damasko will bring as a new movement!

I'm not serious enough to want to impose on Schauer, Ickler and anyone there professionally: I just want to look at all the watches...

JohnF

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Ernie -

On Saturday as well? I'd like to meet with Jörg at the Stowa lounge with some business, and it'd be a great opportunity to meet...

JohnF

·
Premium Member
20,641 Posts
Hi John,

Not sure if I will still be there on Saturday yet. I will be at the show on Thursday and Friday and will meet Jörg together with Greg (designer of the new Prodiver) whom I invited to come to Basel.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Ernie and everyone else -

Just found out today very unpleasant news and won't be able to go on 1 Aug, as that weekend is now totally shot for me.

Sorry, would've enjoyed meeting folks etc., but simply can't make it. :-(

JohnF

1 - 7 of 7 Posts