WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm currently researching on Orient divers watches and found the Mako XL to be very interesting. I haven't found any posts about the one with the lume dial though (CEM75005R9). Since I read mixed opinions about the quality of the Orient lume I'm somewhat sceptic to that concept and I'm not sure, if i should order one...
Green Clock Analog watch Turquoise Aqua

Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Analog watch Material property

Pics courtesy of: Phil84 and UweP of Uhren Forum - Die schnste Art Ihre Zeit zu zeigen

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks kew! The lume dial looks rather bright on the pictures in the second link... maybe they use a different type of lume for the full lume dial. In my opinion it looks pretty darn good ;)
Still not sure. Another thing is, I don't really get the difference between the FEM7500 and the CEM7500 model... aren't they the same?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@TedJ: I researched it... the two are really the same watches for different markets. That's why this particular watch is often referred to as "EM75005R" (without the market defining first letter). Seems they ALL feature just the two languages ENGLISH and SPANISH. so no difference there.
Also, I found the lume quite convincing, at least in the pictures I found on the internet. Maybe they use a different material for the full lume version? Still not quite sure if I should get one, but tempted...

·
Registered
152 Posts
I happen to like this version, I now own a black face XL and yes the lume is very weak. But I still like the watch very much, has a nice quality feel about it. This is my 1st but I do not believe it will be my last. You get alot of watch for the money w/these XL's.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I picked one up a few weeks ago and really like it. Sits beautifully on the wrist and looks sharp with the off-white colour of the all lume dial. Good lume. My only gripe is the readability of the hands - limited contrast between them and the dial, primarily at night but also during the day to a degree. So I've got a set of black outlined plongeur hands being fitted.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Yeah, having swapped hands twice (I paid because I've not yet learnt how to do it myself) I'm way over capitalised on the watch. But they are a really nice thing and I don't see myself getting rid of it in a hurry. If only it had a sapphire crystal......maybe that will be my next mod.

I Had one and flipped it within a week because of the same issue. It would have been great if Orient released that watch with the non lumed hands. Nice watch overall though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts