WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pls post some pics. I thought that might be the best solution for me, can't decide between polished or brushed.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I don't believe it is offered; however I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.
I have some watches that have a polished bezel and a brushed case, but they are not MO's. Let me know if you want me to post something that may appear similar.
vincesf

·
Registered
442 Posts
My Limes also has a polished (coin-edge) bezel and a brushed case. I think it's really attractive.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Certainly wouldn't hurt to fire off an email to Stowa to see if they would accommodate such a request. Ofcourse there is the other option of buying a brushed MO & having the bezel polished. This would be something to discuss with Stowa especially for warranty concerns.

I must admit that I have thought of a polished bezel & brushed case & I would say so have others considering an MO.

If you don't mind wicked, for a visual referrence only, here is a pic of my Steinhart Nav.B Gold L.E that is brushed & polished. Sure it has a black dial & is a pilot derivitive but you get the idea & it certainly sets the watch off having both finishes. Imagine just how good it could look on a Stowa MO....Very nice indeed....

Let us know what you plan to do....;-)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes Vincesf, pls post what you have. I would love to see them. Thanks!

Riker, the polished bezel is very very nice indeed!!!! Yet the watch still retains it's casual/sporty look.
(Never seen that Steinhart before, what a beauty!)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Yes Vincesf, pls post what you have. I would love to see them. Thanks!

Riker, the polished bezel is very very nice indeed!!!! Yet the watch still retains it's casual/sporty look.
(Never seen that Steinhart before, what a beauty!)
Here you go, while I do not have a Stowa watch with the requested combination, attached is an IWC FA Jones Portuguese Model bat that has a polished bezel and lugs with a brushed side case. It's one of my favorite watches and believe it's a great combination. On the other end of the spectrum is a Swiss Army with Unitas 6498 Manual Movement (sound familiar), and again with polished bezel and brushed case, quite a lot of watch for $675 retail. Hope this helps, as this combination is available on some watches, but again I do not believe that Stowa offers it. I personally like the brushed or polished MO watches, and am personally impressed that Stowa offers both. You can't go wrong with either case finish.
vincesf

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
I did ask Stowa exactly this request last year, and was told that because the cases are delivered together with the bezel, that it wasn't possible to have a polished bezel on a brushed MO case. I guess if you found someone who wanted a polished case with a brushed bezel, you'd be in luck!
I'm not sure if this still holds true, but this is what I was told last year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts