WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been drooling over the new pics of the Helson Turtle you guys have been posting. My concern is that everyone is saying it wears like a 42mm.... I've got 8.5" wrists and I'm afraid it'll look "dinky". Now I know a lot of you guys like to wear really huge watches on your 6" wrists and that's cool, but I'm into, shall we say a substantial watch, but not overly huge. In comparison, my Doxa SUB750T Searambler and the Certina DS-3 re-issue are 2 of my favorite watches of all time, sized just about right, not to heavy and very comfy. Do any of you big wristed guys own a Helson Turtle and if so would you be so kind as to post some wrist shots? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,785 Posts
I've been drooling over the new pics of the Helson Turtle you guys have been posting. My concern is that everyone is saying it wears like a 42mm.... I've got 8.5" wrists and I'm afraid it'll look "dinky". Now I know a lot of you guys like to wear really huge watches on your 6" wrists and that's cool, but I'm into, shall we say a substantial watch, but not overly huge. In comparison, my Doxa SUB750T Searambler and the Certina DS-3 re-issue are 2 of my favorite watches of all time, sized just about right, not to heavy and very comfy. Do any of you big wristed guys own a Helson Turtle and if so would you be so kind as to post some wrist shots? Thanks!
This is my Turtle on my roughly 7-3/4" wrist: Helson Turtle wrist « WatchWerx … and Watch Doesn't

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
Stumpy1972, What are the dimensions of your Certina DS-3?

Medium sized wrist (7 1/4")

·
Registered
410 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stumpy1972, What are the dimensions of your Certina DS-3?
Don't have the DS-3 anymore but I'm thinking it was like 44 x 50 or something like that... I've been leaning towards slightly smaller watches lately so the Turtle may be the ticket I just hope the thickness doesn't make it too top heavy and floppy. I wear my bracelets a little loose but not so loose the watch head can rotate over my wrist bone.....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the pics. I have a LNIB black dial Turtle incoming so we'll see what happens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts