WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And if so, what are your thoughts on them? Was in a dealer yesterday and saw the new pellagos in blue and really liked it, the blue bay also appeared good too.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Re: Anyone have an older style Sub and a new Black Bay or a Pellagos

And if so, what are your thoughts on them? Was in a dealer yesterday and saw the new pellagos in blue and really liked it, the blue bay also appeared good too.

Thanks
Thats a tough choice. Sub is an iconic legend and a great watch. It suprized me that my BB gets 10X the wrist time.

image.jpg

I'd buy a used sub...worst case senerio...you flip it for close to what you paid and buy a Tudor. Good luck.

·
Registered
875 Posts

I would say that the Red colored Black Bay is the more eye catching one. The blue one looks like an Omega SMP and it looks very cold in person..

The Sub is a catch all watch and easier to match clothes with it. And the older version is also very handsome. The aluminum bezel has a certain tool watch charm to it. The newer ceramic ones are more in your face.

Kinda like a choice between going out with a classic beauty or a Victoria Secret model.

I vote for the Sub.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Well I have an older sub that I bought new like 10 years ago, thinking of getting something new and wondering if the blue bay or the blue pellagos would be a nice addition, either that or a datejust. I always think of downsizing too and selling the sub for something like a tudor but doubt I would do that. Thanks

·
Registered
539 Posts

[...] Kinda like a choice between going out with a classic beauty or a Victoria Secret model.
I vote for the Sub.
Lol. Yeah I have that problem ALL THE TIME

I have a ceramic sub and LOVE it, but also want the BB in red.

PPL think I'm crazy because the two watches are so similar

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
875 Posts

Well I have an older sub that I bought new like 10 years ago, thinking of getting something new and wondering if the blue bay or the blue pellagos would be a nice addition, either that or a datejust. I always think of downsizing too and selling the sub for something like a tudor but doubt I would do that. Thanks
Whatever you do, don't sell the Sub. Maybe see the BB and Pelagos in person at an AD before you make your decision on which one to get. Don't get me wrong, Pelagos is a nice looking watch. But, I always liked the BB's snowflake hands which are in yellow gold (the red version). So, my decision will also be bias in favor of the Bay..

·
Registered
167 Posts

Lol. Yeah I have that problem ALL THE TIME

I have a ceramic sub and LOVE it, but also want the BB in red.

PPL think I'm crazy because the two watches are so similar

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
I have the SubC and Tudor BBr and they live perfect harmony, get both...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
29,372 Posts

Kinda like a choice between going out with a classic beauty or a Victoria Secret model.

I vote for the Sub.
Nice analogy - assuming they're both keepers I'd pick classic beauty becuase they age better. Oddly enough I also prefer the older subs

as for the OP's question get the Sub

·
Registered
2,765 Posts

Went in the shop to buy a black pelagos, came out with a Blue BB. Liked it so much got the red a few weeks later. The pelagos needs to be tried on. Personally I loved the look of it but it didn't look right on my wrist. image.jpg

·
14,559 Posts
I own a Pelagos, Red BB, and many iterations of the Sub. Personally, I believe it depends on your wrist size and whether or not you prefer larger or smaller watches. The BB is noticeably larger than the 16610/14060/5513/1680 etc. my wrist is 7" and I DEFINITELY prefer the older Tudor and Rolex subs. Even though I could comfortably wear the BB and the Pelagos, I rarely do. The slightly smaller size of the subs is much better. Also, I think the Red BB is trying too hard with its faux simulated aged look and red bezel. Kinda gimmicky IMHO.

JMHO

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I have a Tudor sub from 97 that I love. I just purchased my second Pelagos. Shouldn't have sold my last one.

The pelagos is larger. Has imo one of the best clasps ever made. It's bezel action is amazing. The lume is some of the best I've ever seen on a watch. You can tell it's got a lot more r&d that went into it.

The sub is smaller, thinner, lighter, and is an awesome all around piece. I plan on keeping both. The blue sub I have is so unique that I will never part with it.

The pelagos can be had for very cheap on the used market that are like new. Just paid 2800 for one that hadn't even been worn or sized.

You can get a used older sub all day for around 4k but it may need servicing.

My sub says hello ....

My old pelagos says hi too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts