WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They look pretty neat. It looks like a pretty good deal price-wise if you want something a bit different. The complications they have are usually found in much more costly watches.
Now, it looks like all their watches are variations on the same theme, but I don't expect more from such a new brand, really.

Opinions, anyone?

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I've considered them, but their date models are not the design I like. Retrogrades are not common but not rare. Longines has a range of retrogrades for cheaper, though the jump hour is different. The other thing that held me back was their thickness. Basically, they're interesting to me, but not on the cusp of pulling the trigger. Unfortunately Citizen and Minase have caught my attention and are stealing Reservoir's thunder.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've considered them, but their date models are not the design I like. Retrogrades are not common but not rare. Longines has a range of retrogrades for cheaper, though the jump hour is different. The other thing that held me back was their thickness. Basically, they're interesting to me, but not on the cusp of pulling the trigger. Unfortunately Citizen and Minase have caught my attention and are stealing Reservoir's thunder.
Wow. I wasn't aware of Minase. The look pretty slick! :)

Recently I've been looking for watches that go a little outside the well-established constraints of wrist watches. Finding different watches is not really hard, but they tend to be mostly either very expensive or very cheap and gimmicky. One example of a brand I like is Urwerk. I can not, however, even dream of affording one of those. Recently I pulled the trigger on a Clerc H1 Hydroscaph (two, actually) and I'm liking it a lot, but it has a pretty standard configuration (central hours, minutes, seconds and a date aperture).
The Reservoirs strike me as having a really nice and kind of different technical set-up.

Do you have any suggestions for specific models from other brands you think might fit the ticket?

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
MeisterSinger, Credor/Grand Seiko (Spring Drive), Memorigin, Konstantin Chaykin, Longines Retrogrades/Weems/Hour Angle, Gucci's Jump Hours, Van Cleef & Arpels Poetic Complications, Chronoswiss Regulators, etc, etc. I think VC&A may be outside the budget you're looking at.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
@iddaka

Personally, I really like their execution and design philosophy. Specially the divers, those are some funky watches.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Thanks @jmariorebelo :)

I first came across Reservoir more than 2 years back. I was close to getting one of those jumping hour vintage watches and was looking at what else I missed. Although this was no where close in price comparison, I loved the execution of the Reservoir brand. I mulled on it for a year before deciding to get one. Only regret now - why did I wait for an year, missed all that time I could have enjoyed it more :)

The watch build is great. It is on the larger size (personally I prefer under 40 mm) but it wears smaller. It only seems big when you are looking at the watch. Once it is on the wrist the size does not bother and I forget that I have the watch on. The leather deployant strap is not the most comfortable, but I love the NATO they have given with it. I also have a canvas and isofrane rubber for it. A similar sized watch I have, Eterna Kontiki at 42 dial, seems bigger on the wrist than Reservoir.

·
Premium Member
40,912 Posts
I like them. Love the complications and quite like the way they've implemented in their designs - especially they bronze submarine gauge inspired one.

They are quite big though. I think the 43mm case just about worked on my wrist, but 40-41 would have been perfect.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MeisterSinger, Credor/Grand Seiko (Spring Drive), Memorigin, Konstantin Chaykin, Longines Retrogrades/Weems/Hour Angle, Gucci's Jump Hours, Van Cleef & Arpels Poetic Complications, Chronoswiss Regulators, etc, etc. I think VC&A may be outside the budget you're looking at.
Thanks for the input! I've seen some of these, like MeisterSinger, but not all of them. When it comes to VC&A: I'm primarily looking for something that won't make me have to mortgage my house price-wise... :)

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Thanks for the input! I've seen some of these, like MeisterSinger, but not all of them. When it comes to VC&A: I'm primarily looking for something that won't make me have to mortgage my house price-wise... :)
Ressence?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts