WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just learned of this maker and fell in love so hard I got a concussion.
They look absolutely gorgeous but they're not that expensive relatively to the other watches I've been looking at.
I believe the Temption Classic uses the Valjoux 7750 but that's about all I know. I can't really find many reviews online about them.

Anyways, if anyone has any experience, let me know.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
A picture or link would be nice.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
I looked them up...They are not Valjoux 7750's they are Chinese movements....

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
never heard of em. Looking at the website, and googling some prices, they don't sing to me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
never heard of em. Looking at the website, and googling some prices, they don't sing to me.
their prices are pretty high but I've been able to find some used pieces for a reasonable amount. they're hard to find though unfortunately.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
They claim to be German, using Valjou 7750 design mvmts....Translation: Chinese mvmts. assembled from parts in a German garage outside Hamburg.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Oh really? That kinda sucks :c

Looking at the website, they say the movement is "based on a 7750". That's a dead give-away that it's not an actual 7750, just a clone and usually a cheap one, or they'd say something different. (Note if they said that the watch itself was based around a 7750, that would have a different meaning - but on the page they're specifically talking about the movement.)

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
how do you know this? I can't find any dirt on 'em.

If it was a 7750 they would say clearly 7750, not dance around and say a 7750 design of...Also, no place does it say SWISS MVMT.
Germany has very lax law on Made In Germany...all signs of a Chinese watch.....We know, we have seen many around here.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rrgh I really wanted to like these guys. Thank you very much for your input. I guess the search continues. Hey, do you think you could point me in the right direction towards something like these? I like the minimalist utilitarian styling that these German watches have. I just seem to have bad luck when it comes to finding reputable brands. Lol

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Nomos, Max Bill, Bruno Sohnle,Stowa, Sinn...Just Google German Watches...Let us know, people here will tell you if it's real.

Reactions: Christofero

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
I know they used to use ETAs in the past. Could it be the words "based on 7750" mean that it is a modified 7750?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts