WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm considering picking up a Planet Earth (46mm). I love the concept and aesthetics of the watch, truly. It seems perfect for me...except the size. I have a relatively rounded 173mm wrist, with 50mm lug-to-lug being the max for me. I just got through wearing a Speedy Pro (42mm) for the past three years, and it wore really well. Before that, I had an IWC Mark XVI (39mm) and a Bell and Ross BR-123 (41mm, 50mm lug-to-lug). I know a Big Pilot straight-up does not work on my wrist and that the 3568 Aquatimer and 3777 Pilot Chrono were at the limit for me. Bremont S500 works, S2000 and U2 don't (all have the same 43mm case width but different dial sizes). At the same time, notwithstanding their height on the wrist, none of the newer Omega Planet Oceans seem too big, even the 45.5mm model (it's pushing it).

I mention all these other watches, because they can serve as helpful references since I don't have access to a Planet Earth locally. Can anyone post pics of their Planet Earth next to any of the above or other commonly known watches? I'm afraid the 46mm is just too big for me, but if it indeed wears as if it has short lugs and has a small dial, then it just might be the ticket.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think it is one of those watches you have to try on. I have the Ing Dual Time which I believe is 44mm. There aren't really any lugs sort of speak as the case to the watch is angles downward rather then straight out. If you hold the watch and look at it from the side you will see the bracelet never goes horizontal like the case itself but instead points towards the rest. Trying to explain that it fit the wrist a lot better then say the same size traditional case watch.

That said i have a 7.25" wrist and it is a large chunk of watch. The dial is small compared to case size so it doesn't have that clown look but there is no way anybody isn't going to notice it. Super comfortable but I could not wear the larger version you are looking at. Yes because of the lug shape it will site perfect on the wrist but it is a BIG watch especially compared to those you have listed.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much for sharing your perspective. Hope you're enjoying the dual time!

·
Registered
7 Posts
FullSizeRender.jpg
Attached is a photo of the Big Pilot, Mission Earth, and Portuguese Chrono (from left to right). Apologies that its on a dying iPhone.

Because of the large bezel, I find the ME looks smaller that it actually is. My wrist is about the same size, and because of the attributes wannawatch mentioned, I find the ME wears very well. Though to be fair, I also think the BP isn't too large.

A side note: the ME on the bracelet is one of the heaviest I've worn; you definitely know it's on your wrist.

Hope that helps! Let me know if I can provide any other specific photos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts