WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Looks great. I particularly like the subtlety of the power reserve complication, which I think is too prominent on many Orient watches, and the fact that it doesn't impinge on the indices.

Though I wish the font of the 6 and 12 were a bit less squared off, especially given the rather curvaceous lugs. More like this:

DSCF0770.JPG

·
Registered
979 Posts
Reactions: metalaphid

·
Registered
151 Posts
Does anyone have a wrist shot of this? From the specs it seems kinda small, at 37.5mm. A small part of me hopes it wears larger than it actually is.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Does anyone have a wrist shot of this? From the specs it seems kinda small, at 37.5mm. A small part of me hopes it wears larger than it actually is.
Here you go. Well, it's not my wrist...

hth
Michael

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
It was long time coming, over a year, but I finally couldn't resist and acquired the WZ0011DD Orient Star model. I bought it from Mr. Kobayashi at SeiyaJapan.com who I dealt previously with. Very quick shipping (3 days from Tokyo to NYC) and diligent packing. The rising USD against JPY and additional 30% off made it even better value proposition than the last year... I believe it was around $750 when I saw it the last time versus today when I bought it for $457.00, shipping included.

BTW, my wrist is 7.25" and this Orient star at 37.5mm is about as large as I'd go for a dress watch. Perfect fit, amazing craftsmanship...

20150622-File Jun 22, 3 54 10 PM.jpg

·
Registered
927 Posts
Gorgeous watch, wear it in good health!

Reactions: richnyc

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I have been eyeing that Seiya deal for some time now,but as I am going to Japan in September I'll wait and buy it in person.
More pics please! Even better if you can get more of your arm in the shot. Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts