WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just let me start this by saying I'm not complaining about Katsu, I'm just trying to figure out what is going on. I have ordered from Katsu-san twice already, and I know several people here have ordered from him, so I know he is reliable.

I'm not too concerned, but I did a request for an Oceanus model on the 5th of November, and got a response on the 7th. I made payment on the 9th. That is where our communication has stopped.

Sometime last week, I believe on the 6th, I inquired about a Citizen model (limited edition 3,000/year) I'm wanting, and have not heard anything back on it. I actually e-mailed him a couple more times about that, and have gotten no response to any inquiry at all.

I'm just wondering if he has a problem getting something, if he just doesn't respond, or if something else is going on, like he is on vacation or something. I have not heard anything back as far as shipping the Oceanus model since he told me how much it was (or after I paid for it).

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard from him between the 8th and now?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I always give Katsu-san a week before I follow up on correspondence, and to this day, he hasn't let me down. Sometimes it takes him a whole week to get back to me, but he always does. I know he's close to a one man show at his shop and he has many responsibilities including trips so it's not easy for him to respond as fast as we sometimes like.

Good luck.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, just checking. I'll hold off for a little while, and let him get caught up on e-mails, and not send him any more to wade through.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I bought from him twice (Seiko Prospex) online before as well, everything turned out ok.

I finally had the chance to visit his store in May this year, he is one busy individual, throughout the time I was there, the phone calls were non-stop, looking for him. Most courteous gentleman. Store is nice, has lots of different brands, damaging to the credit cards, imho.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aghhhh! It's killing me though! Another day...well, it's only a little after 1pm there I think, not sure exactly where he is located...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Katsu-san is probably extremely busy, as he runs a shop also. Sometimes it takes a week or so for a response, but he is 100% gentleman and is 100% reliable.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I just placed an order myself on Saturday for a Grand Seiko, and got a rapid reply the next day saying that my watch would ship Wednesday. So he's definitely around. I think he may be more inclined to respond faster to emails that are related to an order placement, especially those that are for very expensive watches (i.e. those over $1000) rather then any inquiry emails of any sort. And having now read some statistics of how busy he is in this thread, I can see why. I have dealt with him three times, for one Citizen Campanola, and now two Grand Seikos, and have gotten overnight replies from him in each case.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I just placed an order myself on Saturday for a Grand Seiko, and got a rapid reply the next day saying that my watch would ship Wednesday. So he's definitely around. I think he may be more inclined to respond faster to emails that are related to an order placement, especially those that are for very expensive watches (i.e. those over $1000) rather then any inquiry emails of any sort. And having now read some statistics of how busy he is in this thread, I can see why. I have dealt with him three times, for one Citizen Campanola, and now two Grand Seikos, and have gotten overnight replies from him in each case.
I MUST Concur with this statement from Elysdeon.
Regards Steve

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm...well, I'm inquiring about the price of a watch listed on his site (the link doesn't work, and puts up some untranslated Japanese, from what I can tell), and it's in the price range you mention, so I would think he would be interested. I sent another e-mail early this morning, as a last effort. I know he's busy, but it's been over a week now. I still don't have confirmation that the Oceanus I ordered for my wife has shipped, although this was one he probably had to acquire, as I'm sure he doesn't stock them normally, which is fine with me. I'll get concerned on that if it goes over a couple weeks without hearing from him.

I noticed that Seiya is back with his shop now, so the inquiry on the other watch doesn't really matter anymore, as I was able to purchase it directly from his web site. This is the first time I've done business with Seiya-san before, the others have been through Katsu-san

Anyway, I know they are both fine guys to deal with, as I have had nothing but a good experience from Katsu-san in the past, just this one time has seemed like a battle. I will probably get an e-mail back tonight, as that is usually what happens with these kind of things...but oh, well, I did still buy one watch from him.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:) Well, got a confirmation of payment for the Oceanus this morning, letting me know that it has been ordered from Casio Japan, and should be in his shop tomorrow, which he will then ship out.

Strange thing is, it's like he ignores anything about the Citizen watch I've been asking for a price on, even in e-mails related to the Oceanus, he doesn't respond to that part of the e-mail, like maybe he doesn't want to sell them anymore or something...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts