WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning out my car before selling it. It's a car that I've owned for close to 7 years.

In the driver side door pocket, I found this mechanical wind up pocket watch with a missing crystal.

I don't foresee it being of any value but my curiosity was piqued.

No markings anywhere on the back or anywhere else other than "Pastor" on the dial.

Anyone heard of such a stopwatch? I tried searching but nothing pops up.

20180302_191903_resized.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Would be interesting to see the movement. I typed in Pastor Stop Watch on yahoo and gave a few links talking about them. A few on ebay also. Not quite the same dial. Seems that some of these had 17-21 jeweled movements and some had pin lever movements. Some seem to be pretty collectible, considering quality.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at the older Pastor stop watches on ebay. Mine seems to be more modern. I'll have to see the best way to open up the case back. I didn't see an obvious notch. Don't want to mark it up if I can help it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Not sure if you ever sorted this one out but, based on the design of the dial and spacing of the wheels (via the hands), my guess would be that it's from the 1960s and uses a BFG 611 movement.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
MIkrolisk has the following on Pastor:

1. Pastor, E. Ingraham Co., Dollarwatches, cheap/affordable pocket watches, Bristol, Conneticut, USA; since 1835
2. Pastor, Pastor Watch Co., Importer into the USA, New York
3. Pastor Stop Watch, New Haven Clock & Watch Co., New Haven, Conneticut, USA; 1853-1956
4. Pastor Watch, E. Ingraham Co., Dollarwatches, cheap/affordable pocket watches, Bristol, Conneticut, USA; since 1835

One has to see the movement to eventuall say more.

Back could be screw on; in any case, be very careful, especially as the crystal is missing to protect dial and hands. A replacement should be realtively inexpensive. The watchmaker could take a look inside at this occasion. Of course, the stop watch should be in working condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts