WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this in the drawer for a while.. its in need of a winding stem, crown and service.. One day I will get it fixed.
It has a movable bezel which states parking trip. I can only imagine it's to let you know when to start running back as the traffic warden puts a ticket on your car, even though it's only 5 seconds pass the expiry time (I'm not bitter).
I've never heard of the model - motorist???.. Has anyone else?...

<br />
<br />
<br/>

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
There are several "Rone" listings in Mikrolisk, and a couple more "motorist" entries, and there's no real overlap. But I'm guessing from your use of the term "traffic warden" that you're British? If so, there are a couple of "Rone's" registred in London; the first is by the Neale brothers in 1961, and the second by Bravington in 1981. My guess is that Bravington actually took over the name from the Neale brothers for some reason some time earlier, given the neat 20 year difference between the two registrations. The look of the watch seems 70's or later; it looks like it's an AS 1803 or from that family.: bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: AS 1803 (Standard 1803)

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Yes, Rone was a London based brand importing Swiss watches for the UK market. I've not heard of the Rone Motorist - an interesting watch.|>

Here's my Rone 16.

Rone Sixteen (2).JPG

·
Banned
4,045 Posts
If we're on a thread hijack, here's my 1930's Rone Waterproof in a Borgel case!
"You need hands..."

Reactions: Pj.....o5

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,789 Posts
For the sake of completeness since we don't get too many Rone threads. Here is my other Rone in a Taubert case courtesy of Sparcster, and like the one above running an FHF 55 calibre.

Photo01.JPG

Photo04.JPG

But Rone also did pocket watches

Rhone1.jpg

With I think something like a Revue cal 33-3

Rone2.jpg

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Couldn't find much in the way of ads online, so I've taken a couple of pics from old BHI journals:

·
Banned
4,045 Posts
Great ads Marrick, and some great watches too!
C'mon guys, bring out yer own Rone!

·
Banned
4,045 Posts
I've had this in the drawer for a while.. its in need of a winding stem, crown and service.. One day I will get it fixed.
It has a movable bezel which states parking trip. I can only imagine it's to let you know when to start running back as the traffic warden puts a ticket on your car, even though it's only 5 seconds pass the expiry time (I'm not bitter).
I've never heard of the model - motorist???.. Has anyone else?...

<br />
<br />
<br/>

Hi pj, it looks like you can set the bezel just like a divers watch, only in this case you don't run out of dive time, just run out of breath in a hurry to get to your car before the meter maid! :)

Great looking watch, probably from the mid- late 60's.

Reactions: Pj.....o5
1 - 13 of 13 Posts