WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
No - sorry. But its quite a handsome beast you've got there. Is it solid gold?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Nice watch probably a jeweler or goldsmith who as chipped in some money to have their own face made up and ended up with a good looker and i believe a nice solid movement used by good quality watches in the 40s /50s
I love it

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
me neither, nor nothing in Kathleen Pritchards's book
Wonder what EB. Suissse means?

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
I believe EB is the acronym assigned to the factory movement: Bettlach: also used for ebauche
interesting thanks
That makes sense, so we know now who the Ebauche maker is Kummer, Ebauches Bettlach
mark EB or E.F.B.

thanks

Reactions: pr1uk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi derids,

Just registered as I am trying to find information on the same brand - from your photo it looks like we're following the same auction! Haven't been able to find out anything more but I have spoken to the auctioneer who sent me the following info:

Dear Sir

We do not complete written condition reports on lots in our auctions however we are pleased to discuss items over the telephone. I have taken a look at this watch and can advise that the movement runs although the chronograph, which also runs, is faulty.

Guy Haskell
Auction I am looking at is here

Ash

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,820 Posts
Guys... It's a Landeron not an EB... I would imagine EB SUISSE stands for Ebauche Suisse.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Guys... It's a Landeron not an EB... I would imagine EB SUISSE stands for Ebauche Suisse.
Now we can see the movement from the auction site you are correct but i did also say it was also used for Ebauche as well are the Landeron movements made in Bettlach --
Whatever a nice watch to own

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,146 Posts
...are the Landeron movements made in Bettlach
No, they were made in Landeron!

Technically speaking, they were made in Le Landeron, Canton Neuenburg (Neuchatel). The original name of the company was the name of the owner: Charles Hahn.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's the auction, Startimeash, although now we've got a lot of hardcore WIS on the trail,lol.
And thanks to all the contributors to the post.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
That's the auction, Startimeash, although now we've got a lot of hardcore WIS on the trail,lol.
And thanks to all the contributors to the post.

One instance i bet you wish you had said nowt before the sale anyway good luck in your bid cracking watch

1 - 13 of 13 Posts