WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
11,596 Posts
  • Diamond cutting technology.

You're missing the big picture here. This watch can cut rough diamonds. Think about what you could make off of this. And you have to read the full description to really appreciate this one.

Product Description

OLEVS Co.,Ltd is a famous watch brand enterprise registered in Hongkong since 1999.
As the leading manufactory of watch in China market, it has developed series of watches, mainly in ceramics watches. With many years develop and operation experience, facts proof that we reached the top of China.
OLEVS¡¯ productions and assembly process are fully completed at the factory in order to achieve the high standard level of quality. For example, the automatic movement of the assembly , shock absorbers , waterproof and accuracy of the test,
all of are completed at the factory under strict quality control to ensure that Hong Kong OLEVS Table precise, reliable , durable and noble qualities and eternal value .

· Registered
3,434 Posts
hahaha. Isn't google translate just so precious, huh?
"the automatic movement of the assembly , shock absorbers"
These are the pictures that came to mind:

You're missing the big picture here. This watch can cut rough diamonds. Think about what you could make off of this. And you have to read the full description to really appreciate this one.

Product Description

OLEVS Co.,Ltd is a famous watch brand enterprise registered in Hongkong since 1999.
As the leading manufactory of watch in China market, it has developed series of watches, mainly in ceramics watches. With many years develop and operation experience, facts proof that we reached the top of China.
OLEVS¡¯ productions and assembly process are fully completed at the factory in order to achieve the high standard level of quality. For example, the automatic movement of the assembly , shock absorbers , waterproof and accuracy of the test,
all of are completed at the factory under strict quality control to ensure that Hong Kong OLEVS Table precise, reliable , durable and noble qualities and eternal value .

· Registered
995 Posts
So I take it that the general recommendation is don't waste your money?
I think that the members are trying to say that it doesn't seem like a real watch brand. Sometimes Chinese factories will just slap random names on the dial of their product.

It might arrive in working condition, it might not. But if it doesn't, there won't be a real company to go to for customer service.

Edit: AND, since this is my hobby-horse, I'd just like to point out to the forum that OLEVS can put solid end-links on their $50 Tissot homage but Seiko somehow can't afford them for anything under $400! :-d

Reactions: MrDisco99

· Registered
1 Posts

Product Description

I just purchased a men's Olevs watch. It looks very upscale and has been working very well. I'm completely satisfied.

· Registered
176 Posts
I just purchased a men's Olevs watch. It looks very upscale and has been working very well. I'm completely satisfied.
I'm not sure which is more dodgy the product description above or ...
Have you had the watch longer than your WUS membership?

· Premium Member
9,609 Posts
I was unable to find a single thing about them when I googled their name. They have some nice designs OLEVS L41 Men's Quartz Stainless Steel White Dial Brown Leather Watch: Watches: Amazon.com I don't expect much in terms of quality as they are Chinese, but I'd like to at least know that the watch will work before I get one. They can be found and purchased on Amazon.
Get a DOM .I have one and it has been working just fine for about a year. You don't have to get this one there a lot more styles on ALI express.
Mine is the one in the middle and the bottom. IT is 11 mm Thick 40 mm wide and 44 mm lug end to lug end. The milanese mesh strap is 20 mm .It is stainless steel with a sapphire crystal. cost was under 30 bucks.

Attachments

· Registered
Orient Automatic model F692-UADO until Sunday when I change over.
3 Posts
So I take it that the general recommendation is don't waste your money?
I have an Olevs model 6030G two tone automatic with sunburst grey dial. I bought it before this thread started and it goes perfectly and is a lovely looking watch. It is more accurate than my Tissot, Orient and Citizen automatics matched only by one of my Seikos and my Tag Heuer. For $50 US I would recommend it to anyone wanting to start a collection.

· Registered
7,284 Posts
Pretty sure their use of the "Le Locle" logo is a trademark violation, which would make these contraband in many countries.

· Registered
Orient Automatic model F692-UADO until Sunday when I change over.
3 Posts
I apologise for being incorrect when I said "before this thread started" I only noticed the dates from #10. I actually bought the watch on 12 November 2020 and it was even better value than I remembered at US$39.12

· Registered
45 Posts
I recently purchased the Luminous Waterproof Automatic Mechanical Watch. Obviously it is a knock off of other watches. They do use their own name and "trade mark" and have enough differences to avoid copywrite issues. Very simply, $100 vs $8,000? Olevs wins hands down. It runs. It's reasonably accurate =/- 40 seconds/day out of the box, and it does have several quality items: textured dial, attention to detail to the point that the sub dials are trimmed with the color ordered. Add in the one year warranty and you really can't go wrong for a watch that you probably would wear only a few times a year. So yes, they are around, they are for real, and the price is very good.
Watch Analog watch White Rectangle Clock

1 - 19 of 19 Posts