WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen this watch for sale for around £1,050. It's a "Rene Marchal"
See photos below. Are these good watches?
Please appreciate that I'm a newbie so probably in most peoples books on this forum "clueless", but please bear with me, I'm sure you have all been there.
slika-310820-fe680730bb93-velika.jpg slika-310820-c482f2eec033-velika.jpg
slika-310820-2bea6105efaf-velika.jpg slika-310820-aa129e2cde77-velika.jpg slika-310820-25a39dfc172a-velika.jpg

·
Registered
9,454 Posts
Never ever heard of that brand and googling doesn't bring up that much. Save your money for something else instead that will offer you better value for money.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,028 Posts
Never heard of them. Still, with a sapphire crystal and a display back, it's not a very old watch - it has an ordinary ETA 2892 with conversion to jump hours and minus seconds indication. The style is rather reminescent of Chronoswiss so I would put it at distinctly post-1983 (when Chronoswiss was founded - I would think that this is a style copy).

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never heard of them. Still, with a sapphire crystal and a display back, it's not a very old watch - it has an ordinary ETA 2892 with conversion to jump hours and minus seconds indication. The style is rather reminescent of Chronoswiss so I would put it at distinctly post-1983 (when Chronoswiss was founded - I would think that this is a style copy).

Hartmut Richter
Very helpful and informative! Thank you!

·
Registered
30 Posts
The price is the same as I quoted except in Euros - But I think I'm going to pass on this one.
Depends on what you are looking for.
Apparently he was a solitaire watchmaker from Switzerland ( Italian part of swiss or Italy ), who has been using ETA movements and some generic parts ( cases ) and making his own dials and completing this watches.

They have for sure some value, not bad level of craftsmanship and I personally like the idea of displaying time. But problem is resale-value...I guess you may find some cheaper pieces.
Good to know that it is not some "luxury alike" Chinese trash. :)

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
It's a "Newer" watch, with all that implies in terms of the use of modern materials and such, and it's a somewhat unique design and name, which is both good and bad. Consider what an actual "new" watch with similar design is worth though. You can get band new ETA based watches for around the same price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts