WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I just won one at auction. Hopefully I'll like it, but I'm a bit worried about the metal and plastic mix.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,557 Posts
I love the mix on this one of mine:

But this one isn't called MTG anymore. Also the Neon versions were MTG models. They look very nice. It looks your MTG-700L is a smaller sized G with leather band (that's what the L says). It somehow also reminds me to the GW-700.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Leather? Humm. Interesting. The auction said that it's brand new, so the leather strap should be in perfect condition. This should be an interesting surprise.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I love the mix on this one of mine:

But this one isn't called MTG anymore. Also the Neon versions were MTG models. They look very nice. It looks your MTG-700L is a smaller sized G with leather band (that's what the L says). It somehow also reminds me to the GW-700.

Cheers,

Sjors

wow wow wow that watch is just too cool! please tell me its name/code!!!!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
wow wow wow that watch is just too cool! please tell me its name/code!!!!
I agree with NTP, that watch is extremely sexy............. :-!

-Gawain

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Got the watch today! Here are some quick and nasty pictures. The sun is at the wrong angle for me really for some decent pictures as you can see in one of the shots the face looks like a mirror.

The seller said that the watch was new, but there's some slight scuffing on the metal band and on the top part of the bezel. Not scratched, just scuffed slightly. A bit of polishing should sort it out I think.

The watch is rather small. Compared to some of my other watches you can see that it's similar in size top to bottom, but width wise it's a lot narrower.

The digits are huge. My red jelly has the largest digits of any of my watches and this one comes second. It wins on fattest digits.

Nice, but a little too slim maybe for me. I'm not sure about keeping it, and may give it to my mum. She has poorish eyesight due to age, so the big digits will be useful, although she prefers analogues.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Since that watch uses a leather band, is it possible that it can be fitted with a nylon Zulu? Would be the first MTG style watch I've seen that can do that if it can.

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not sure about fitting a Zulu straight onto it. You might need some adapters.

The black bit that overlaps the back plate is part of the strap, while the metal bit is part of the adapter-looking thing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts