8 3/4 inches long band
32 grams (1 1/8 oz.)

Engraved on back:

stainless steel back
swiss made
waterprotected
antimagnetic
Incabloc

I would like to know as much about it as possible, including an estimated value.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
"Stainless steel back" is a clear hint that the case isn't stainless steel. At those times (50s/60s) cases have been made out of brass and chromed (or plated).
Might have been made by Bernheim & Luthy / Timor Watch Co. SA / J. Bernheim & Co. in La Chaux de Fonds/CH, established in 1923, but there have been other manufacturers using "Timor" as well. We on WUS tend not to give evaluations so you should look out for other references (ebay) Scratches (like your watch have) diminish its value. Don't expect much.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks again Mike,
I have been searching for both of these watches on ebay and other sites, and through countless search engine results, but haven't been able to fine a match for either. I know, of course, that this Timor watch is in poor shape, in fact, nothing seems to happen when I try to wind it. I don't expect much, but I have no idea what is fair. What is not much for this watch? $5? $30?
Thanks you!

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Sorry we don't give valuations here. It's not possible from photos anyway. If it's broken it will have no value at all to a collector.

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,618 Posts
Thanks again Mike,
I have been searching for both of these watches on ebay and other sites, and through countless search engine results, but haven't been able to fine a match for either. I know, of course, that this Timor watch is in poor shape, in fact, nothing seems to happen when I try to wind it. I don't expect much, but I have no idea what is fair. What is not much for this watch? $5? $30?
Thanks you!
Just search Ebay for closed auctions of 17 jewel watches from the 1950's. Focus on tbe ones that actually.sold. That design and type of movement was very common and there are lots of nice used watches like it to choose from. To be honest I would not bother with a non-running watch of that class in poor cosmetic condition. There are too many good ones to pick from. Look at Longines, Tissot, Cyma, Sandoz and other known swiss makers of 17 jewel handwind watches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts