WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SARB033, and one of the spring bars is slightly bent and pops out when i put pressure on it. Is there an easy way to get good replacement spring bars for this? I know it's 20mm but I don't think they're the fat ones, and I'm not sure what size they are. Anyone out there have experience or know what size is needed?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I have a SARB033, and one of the spring bars is slightly bent and pops out when i put pressure on it. Is there an easy way to get good replacement spring bars for this? I know it's 20mm but I don't think they're the fat ones, and I'm not sure what size they are. Anyone out there have experience or know what size is needed?
I think they're regular double flange spring bars (1.8mm thick, 0.8mm tip): * Spring Bars | 20mm - 21mm | Regular Watch Band Pins

HTH.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Sorry to ressurect an oldish thread, but I am now having the same issue with my Sarb033 and I'm looking to confirm these are the correct spring bars...does anyone know for certain? The link above still works, but there is a minimum order of 10 bucks, so if I'm going to order these, I'd want to be certain they fit...

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
No 1.8mm bars will not fit through the last link. You need 1.5mm bars, which are annoyingly less common.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I measured the spring bars used (as somehow the darn watch shop staff BENT my spring bars, both lugs along with many scratches on the bracelet), and the thickness seems to be slightly less than 1.5mm. That was based on a crude measurement by my ruler, so I ordered both 1.5mm and 1.3mm, and will update this thread regarding which one actually fits better.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I measured the spring bars used (as somehow the darn watch shop staff BENT my spring bars, both lugs along with many scratches on the bracelet), and the thickness seems to be slightly less than 1.5mm. That was based on a crude measurement by my ruler, so I ordered both 1.5mm and 1.3mm, and will update this thread regarding which one actually fits better.
Do I have a 1.6, 1.6 anyone? Going once, going twice...LOL.

Seriously, though, thanks for chiming in and be to let us know how it goes. I was honestly hoping there is a 1.6mm size out there and I could magically squeeze in a slightly thicker bar. I'll probably base what I order off what you report. I actually should have already ordered them, but I'm trying to figure out what size bars my stupid Pulsar has so I can order some of those at the same time...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Interesting. From further research, the spring bars on the SARB is MEANT to be bent. Supposedly helps with securing the bracelet's solid end links better...

Seiko & Citizen Forum: Gordon posted this and mine has the same problem..

I confirmed this with my supplier (Chino), and managed to get a few original "bent" spring bars to fix this, so my apologies, as I would not be acquiring those above-mentioned spring bars after all.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Interesting. From further research, the spring bars on the SARB is MEANT to be bent. Supposedly helps with securing the bracelet's solid end links better...

Seiko & Citizen Forum: Gordon posted this and mine has the same problem..

I confirmed this with my supplier (Chino), and managed to get a few original "bent" spring bars to fix this, so my apologies, as I would not be acquiring those above-mentioned spring bars after all.
Wait...so the bars come "pre-bent"?? This sounds a little strange. Also, the thread above doesn't mention the Sarb033, but the Spirit line...are we SURE the cases + endlinks are exactly the same dimensions??

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well, I did not fully trust the forums, so I actually sent an email enquiry to Chino Watches, and they confirmed that they bars are slightly "pre-bent", so I am going to guess that it is correct.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry to revive old thread, but does anyone have any further clarification on SARB033 Spring Bars? replaced my strap and now want to go back to the bracelet and none of the generic spring bars I have seem to fit!? Must of put the original spring bars somewhere and now im stuck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts