WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry, to clarify, not looking for value of watch, just some clarification or a nudge in the right direction. This was left to me by a great aunt and I'm curious about it. I don't know anything about watches and have searched and can't find any other like this.

I have this Bucherer pendant watch. By the clasp on the necklace it says "Bucherer Metal".

The face says: Bucherer 17 Jewels Swiss Made

Inside the face it has the following markings: Silber, 0925, CB, and another round marking I can't make out above the CB. On both the face side and the window side it has XII VII.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Hi there and welcome!

Not seen the brand before... where the watch case is open (pic 3), it looks like your should be able to take the movement (inc dial) out... in which case, you could add a pic of the movement. This may help to ID and age the watch.

·
Registered
18,175 Posts
Bucherer is a Swiss jewelry chain that once held the rights to Rolex sales in Switzerland. Over the years they have had a lot of house brand watches made for them. Almost always the pieces are of high quality for their price and are potentially collectible. But ladies watches are less collectible since most collectors are men and they usually like to collect items they themselves can use... so the market does not value them highly. Thus they are usually valued for their jewelry potential.

This one looks nice. Find a lady who would appreciate it!! (After you service it for them.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much for your feedback. I think I'll take your advice and have it cleaned up, then give it to someone who will appreciate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts