WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a GW-9200RDJ strap and bezel. Anyone know any places I could find? I looked on tiktox already and they only carry the strap.

Cheers, Ari

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Much like another watch in another, similar thread that you started (that you never replied to) the GW-9200RDJ-4 is ALSO on the list of watches that Casio is NOT SELLING bezels or straps for! Please see: Casio Buy Electronic Parts and Watch Bands - Support - CASIO and Repair & Service Watch List

As mentioned in that other thread, it's a minor miracle that TikTox has the strap, but when they sell out of that they probably won't get any more. Bezels are going to be even harder to find.

For people that already own the watches on that list, the only approved way to get replacement resin is to send the watch back to Casio for service.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Much like another watch in another, similar thread that you started (that you never replied to) the GW-9200RDJ-4 is ALSO on the list of watches that Casio is NOT SELLING bezels or straps for! Please see: Casio Buy Electronic Parts and Watch Bands - Support - CASIO and Repair & Service Watch List

As mentioned in that other thread, it's a minor miracle that TikTox has the strap, but when they sell out of that they probably won't get any more. Bezels are going to be even harder to find.

For people that already own the watches on that list, the only approved way to get replacement resin is to send the watch back to Casio for service.
Thanks for the quick reply! I never made that thread, was from a different user. I'll probably have to just find a GW-9200RDJ and get the whole watch.

Cheers, Ari

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply! I never made that thread, was from a different user. I'll probably have to just find a GW-9200RDJ and get the whole watch.
You're right, my mistake! (I'm not sure WHY I thought that you started that one -- sorry! Maybe because of the sudden flurry of "Rising Red" questions and I thought it was all one person? :confused: )

In any event, Casio certainly didn't make many people happy when they instituted that policy a couple of years ago. :-( They probably saved a few customers from paying ridiculously inflated prices for those resins on eBay, but angered everybody else who had bought or had planned to buy resins from Casio or their official distributors.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Two different G's. 9200 vs 9400.
Actually, THREE different Rising Red G's that were the subject of different threads, all in the last three days: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/gw9400rd-4-rangeman-vs-g9300rd-4-mudman-1364457.html

Two relatively new-ish members with 30-40 posts.

Two members who hadn't even purchased the Rising Red watches in question, but who were already asking questions about where to buy hard-to-find replacement resin that's not widely (or technically shouldn't even be) available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts