WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

· Registered
1,552 Posts
Don’t get it repaired, claim on your insurance. At the price quoted, it’ll get written off and you can get a new one.

· Registered
1,966 Posts
Replacing the case is the preferred alternative, but you’ll have to gauge that against the actual used retail value. I’d be leery of collecting an insurance claim without checking on the effect on premiums. If you are considering a repair the first thing I’d consider is removing the strap and see if you can (gently) clamp the gap shut with a small squeeze clamp. If so then research the various super glue adhesives (above my pay grade). Honestly, replacing the case and eating the cost is really the preferred option. You’d have to disclose the repair at sale and I suspect it will always bother you. If you are friendly with a dentist who does ceramic crowns, that could be a potential source for a “super” adhesive. Don’t ask me how I know that…long story…

· G-Shock Mod
14,571 Posts
This may sound crazy, but part out the watch. Sell the movement, dial, hands straps. Then buy another "whole" watch. That may be cheaper than sending in for a case replacement.

· Registered
1,781 Posts
Glad I read this thread. i was hot on a ceramic BR03 but I’m too clumsy to be replacing cases every time I crack a door frame.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts