WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello:-!, this is authorized dealer (approved by Tissot team) located in Italy but i have some boubts about online store:-(. The price offer is noticeably lower than in other online stores and the web looks a bit cheap. Also the payment methot - only bank transfer:rodekaart. Facebook page seems legit though. What do you think? Have you ever used this shop... what s your experience (shipping, packing, condition of watch). Am I too cautious? Do you recommend me to make purchase or use other alternatives?

Dealer name: Il Nautilus
Address: Viale Dante 39, Riccione, Rimini, Italy
Online store: Il Nautilus ||| Watches in Riccione : Rolex, Cartier, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Panerai
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/IlnautilusOrologiPerPassione
YouTube: farzad ameri - YouTube

Regards, black8ball

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Re: Any feedback on this online store?

If there is any doubt, I would never wire money. Other companies have scammed our members by requiring payment by wire. If there is any doubt, I structure to pay by credit card or walk away. Whatever you are looking for, I would think you can find it closer.

You might have better luck if you retitled this "Anyone know this Italian watch store" or something like that. What specifically attracts you to this store?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts

I havent seen the website, facebook or the youtube video, but I'm not so surprised an international seller would only take wire transfer for international sale (credit card/paypal may not be as easy to set up in Italy?),
could also be the reason why seller in CONUS would only want to take wire transfer for new or international buyers

but, OP, you're already having doubts, so it might be better to pay a bit higher for that peace of mind

·
Registered
2,499 Posts

I just went to the website ...

1. payment can be made using credit card (Visa, AMEX, Mastercard, etc), payment CAN be made through wire transfer as well, "Payments can done through a bank transfer" stated on the page
2. they actually have their own store
3. regarding website, not everyone is a web designer, and I know it cost them some pretty ducats to make that webpage ... it just may not be aesthetically pleasing to some, personally I dont like it that much (too much black background)
4. FB page really means nothing

and if they are only accepting wire transfer for international order, I find nothing wrong with that, it's just them protecting themselves, they may discourage some international buyers, but I guess it's better for them to be safe than sorry

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

and if they are only accepting wire transfer for international order, I find nothing wrong with that, it's just them protecting themselves, they may discourage some international buyers, but I guess it's better for them to be safe than sorry
How wire transfers are safer than credit card for seller... What s the protection?

·
Registered
31,341 Posts

Yes, wire transfers are sometimes preferred by sellers because of the safety. Not as easy to hack into wired funds as those sent by other means.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Greetings one and all - new user to the forum. Found this thread as I was researching this company, who advertised an IWC Da Vinci through Chrono24.....for a really good price.

Whilst I have read the above...the company does seem to be a contradiction. They responded via a GMAIL address rather than the company one listed on the website. They also list the watch as immediately available but in response to my query, have said it is not available but could get it in within 25/30 days.

however, on google street view, the shop is there....a few doors down from Bartorelli, which is an IWC AD listed on the IWC website....I wonder if there is any connection between the two companies.

if anyone has any further info on the company, please post.

One last query, where do you stand if you buy a watch like an IWC, which comes with box, papers etc, but not from an IWC AD....is the warranty still valid (presuming it is a legit one and not a fake) or do you have to buy it from a AD.......i am sure there are plenty of retailers across the UK that may not be IWC AD's but still sell legit watches...perhaps I am being bias just because they are outside the UK...

·
Registered
4 Posts

Also, they offer €70 courier to Europe / UK....presumably there would be tax / duty implications if it were posted to the UK by the seller (italy) ?? or am i incorrect? thanks

·
Registered
2,884 Posts

Hello Everyone - just wanted to post a reply to this thread confirming that ILNautilius is straight legit. I found this thread and really no other helpful reviews on ILNautilius while searching for a new Oris Williams F1 Team Chrono. After looking for review on ILNatilius and not finding much information on them I just order direct from them (they had the watch posted on Chrono24 too). I did see that they have two physical shops in Italy so I felt comfortable pulling the trigger and making the purchase. ILNatilius completely came through on the order, they exceeded there delivery window timing and were very competing in pricing with anything else I found on the web or in local US shops (generally 200-300 less then eBay or other online watch brokers) and over 500 less than physical stores. My only criticism is that they don't really respond to emails or inquiries at all. However, if your wondering if your going to get what you ordered and the delivery will be in a r arson able time frame than you can trust ILNatilius.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts