WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
BB58 / B5000D-1ER
113 Posts
I don’t get that personally.

I feel the base straps are of fantastic quality, fit nicely and it’s novel knowing how cheap new OEM straps cost to buy. Coming from Rolex and Tudor prices, it’s a welcome surprise!

I recently picked up the Japanese made GW-5000U and the improved strap is bloody lovely. So much so, just picked up 2 extras from a supplier for £10 each!

I’ll be sticking with Casio’s OEM straps as for me, they’re literally perfect.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
all the straps from all the G's you have?
:)

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
Depends on the model. ga-2100 straps aren't very comfortable in my opinion, along with any 2 tone straps they make, but I love the gbd-200 and gbx-100 straps along with the gw-5000 of course and gw-b5600 models. The most comfortable strap I own is on my gst-b100. Actually, a lot of their base models surprise me. The most recent dw-5900s I bought have pretty comfy straps at budget prices. Like I said, just depends on the model.

Reactions: Dxnnis and babyivan

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Depends on the model. ga-2100 straps aren't very comfortable in my opinion, along with any 2 tone straps they make, but I love the gbd-200 and gbx-100 straps along with the gw-5000 of course and gw-b5600 models. The most comfortable strap I own is on my gst-b100. Actually, a lot of their base models surprise me. The most recent dw-5900s I bought have pretty comfy straps at budget prices. Like I said, just depends on the model.
I agree it varies, my gg-1000 has a very comfortable strap

·
Registered
9,335 Posts
If the resin on the GW-5000 was the same as the resin on my old DW-5600E I probably would've replaced it as well.

Reactions: Dxnnis

·
Registered
8,417 Posts
I agree with you that the DW-5900 strap is more comfortable than I expected.

I also agree with you that the dual-layer (two-tone) straps are uncomfortable. I had one on my DW-6900LU-8, and it was so thick and stiff I was annoyed every time I wore it. I ended up putting this watch on the Casio adapters and cloth strap from my GLS-5600CL-1, and now it's very comfortable, if not quite as good looking. The same adapters and strap didn't work for me on the GLS, because the effective lug-to-lug distance is much shorter. The 6900 has a much longer lug-to-lug distance, and this setup works fine for me.

The size and shape of the wrist has a big effect on what's comfortable and what's not comfortable for a given individual. In addition, the thickness and stiffness of the strap, the shape of the strap where it meets the lugs, the angle the strap makes away from the lugs, and the spacing between the strap holes all come into play.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I agree with you that the DW-5900 strap is more comfortable than I expected.

I also agree with you that the dual-layer (two-tone) straps are uncomfortable. I had one on my DW-6900LU-8, and it was so thick and stiff I was annoyed every time I wore it. I ended up putting this watch on the Casio adapters and cloth strap from my GLS-5600CL-1, and now it's very comfortable, if not quite as good looking. The same adapters and strap didn't work for me on the GLS, because the effective lug-to-lug distance is much shorter. The 6900 has a much longer lug-to-lug distance, and this setup works fine for me.

The size and shape of the wrist has a big effect on what's comfortable and what's not comfortable for a given individual. In addition, the thickness and stiffness of the strap, the shape of the strap where it meets the lugs, the angle the strap makes away from the lugs, and the spacing between the strap holes all come into play.
If you "cure" the straps with a curve that suits your wrist, you might like it more. I did that with my gwg-1000.... made all of the difference in the world!
I set the straps in a juice glass horizontally, sitting in boiling hot water for about 10 min at a time. And it's reversible

·
Registered
Tudor, Casio, Rolex, Omega
28 Posts

·
Registered
8,417 Posts
If you "cure" the straps with a curve that suits your wrist, you might like it more. I did that with my gwg-1000.... made all of the difference in the world!
I set the straps in a juice glass horizontally, sitting in boiling hot water for about 10 min at a time. And it's reversible
Usually I just strap them around a watch pillow in my watch box to shape the strap, which can take some time. This works because the watch pillows happen to be the same circumference, and roughly the same shape, as my wrist (relatively flat oval).

What this can't fix is how the strap angles from the watch case. On many Gs this is pretty much a fixed angle, which fits some wrists but not others. This is one reason I like the G-7900 and GD-350, because the straps can pivot freely at the lugs.

Also, with some G models it seems like I'm always between the strap holes. This is usually the case with a DW-6900. Also, with these models the shape of the strap is too wide across my wrist but too tight up and down.

·
Registered
6,469 Posts
I don’t get that personally.

I feel the base straps are of fantastic quality, fit nicely and it’s novel knowing how cheap new OEM straps cost to buy. Coming from Rolex and Tudor prices, it’s a welcome surprise!

I recently picked up the Japanese made GW-5000U and the improved strap is bloody lovely. So much so, just picked up 2 extras from a supplier for £10 each!

I’ll be sticking with Casio’s OEM straps as for me, they’re literally perfect.
Some G-Shock straps still have sticker shock. My spare GPW-2000 strap from Casio was still $110

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don’t love how long the strap is on my gbx100. And I agree with garyk. I feel like im in between and constantly shifting from one hole to the other throughout the day. I’m thinking of going with an adapter and a Velcro strap. I kick myself for not buying the ones from topo designs before they went out of production.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't mind the stock resin straps, but sometimes it's fun to swap them out.

Here's my modded Casio Royale with a NATO:

View attachment 16200963
I don't mind the stock resin straps, but sometimes it's fun to swap them out.

Here's my modded Casio Royale with a NATO:

View attachment 16200963
In my honest opinion, casios stock series of watches are seriously under rated. Many of them even share features some g shocks sport, in my case, tough solar on my ws-200-h, but admittedly no shock resistance, but also less than half the price of a g shock.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Considering the mediocre dive strap that comes with the otherwise appealing Casio Duro dive watch, i didn’t have high hopes for the stock strap on the only G Shock I own, DW6900. Could not have been more off-base - the stock strap is much better than average. Secure, comfortable, no need to swap it out, even for a strap-swapper like me.

·
Registered
Mudmaster GWG-1000, Rangeman GW-9400, Frogman GWF-1000, Frogman GWF-D1000
283 Posts
Yeah, I hate the straps. I simply hate them. I rarely want to wear my Frogmans because they have g-shock bands on them. My favorite band swap is my Mudmaster. Most comfortable strap I've ever worn. I love my Gravity Master as well with my new strap. I'm still looking for the perfect nato style strap for my Rangeman.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts