WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had one a few years ago, and just wondering if anyone is dtill modifying them anymore.

Regards,.....marc

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
From my research on these 'Mil-Shocks' they didn't seem very 'military'. I ended up coming to the conclusion that it was basically just a commercial outfit that did the custom modification and sold them at huge prices as a 'Mil-Shock'.

So whilst it sounded like an amazing special release that Casio made for the US Army (or something like it) it was in fact just a commercial operation making a few bucks.

Hence might as well just do the mod yourself.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Don't know for sure, but I remember reading about the "Mil-Shock" a few years ago and seeing that it had been given a NSN :think:
That would definately make it more 'official' than the conclusions that I reached after my research. Hmmm. My research was just 4 or 5 hours of googling and a few emails so I could easily be wrong.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
NSN means very little, in practice. It means it can be ordered by NATO units, but doesn't mean that it ever has been.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
My brother actually makes NSN's. He works for the Flushing shipyard, that makes NAVY ships. Every part used in these ships, how small they might be, have or get a NSN. As Tribe says, it actually means not much. I think even a barrel of Heineken or Grolsch beer have a NSN.

Cheers,

Sjors

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.