WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
52mm including crown! Like a monster on steroids!

SEIKO 5 Sports Diver's 200M Automatic SKZ255:
(slightly cheaper at watches88.com)

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Bigger is usually better in here!

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Have to agree with you about the logo on this one. It is a strange hybrid. It seems to have the case and hands from the Atlas mapmeter, the bezel shroud design from the Monsters, the "waffle" textured dial from the Samurai's (hard to see in that pic, but it's there), and the crown looks the same as the lower crown of the LandMonster.

Its such a strange hybrid that it doesn't even have a nickname yet, though its been out for awhile now. My nickname for it is the "FrankenMonster."

I like the rugged bracelet design and the bezel looks great. Lug width is probably 22mm like the Atlas Mapmeters. I still prefer the applied markers and dial layout of the LandMonsters to this one. Would be cool if Seiko did a LandMonster with that bracelet and bezel !!!! b-)

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
If they would lose the Superman logo with the 5 in it, and the word Sports off the dial I'd like it a lot better...

Bry,

i gotta agree.......its just looks too corny for me.<|<|

if it were the trad. seiko dial, I'd be feeling this one.

I have the Arnie in Orange.....same plastic case-surround. "SPORTS 5" kills it for me

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Thin phones? Only one tough phone, like the Ericsson r250pro to second your diver. BTW, the watch is a Swatch (or am I swearing?) fun board with altimeter.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Really great watch solid smooth , looks great , and big too, Seiko did a good one again.

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Shane
I just got one like yours pictured on the left of your picture. It's like a Darth tuna you can afford and wear. I think it's the best new Seiko in years. Yeah I wish the Superman shield and the word SPORTS weren't there...
But all in all this one is something I've been waiting for.
Heck, I think I want the yellow one :-d too

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Shane
I just got one like yours pictured on the left of your picture. It's like a Darth tuna you can afford and wear. I think it's the best new Seiko in years. Yeah I wish the Superman shield and the word SPORTS weren't there...
But all in all this one is something I've been waiting for.
Heck, I think I want the yellow one :-d too

Absolutely agree Liz!, it is a great watch and affordable, Seiko has definitely done good with this, I too agree the logo sucks a bit but that is by far out weighed by the quality of the piece, at first it did bug me the SM logo and the sports script, but then it became nothing to worry about at all, IMO and yours so it seems, it is the best thing to have come from the stables of Seiko for years, at this price point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts