WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been very fortunate to be able to own both a Submariner 14060M and a BB58. I bought them in 2018 and 2019 respectively. My fear was there would be too much overlap between the two and I would get rid of one of them. Its been over 2 years of me owning both and I can safely say they have their own places in my collection. I feel the gold accents and different look of the BB58 makes it a totally different piece. While the Submariner is the classic dive watch. I'm more into the 5 digit references as the ceramic ones seem too clingy for my tastes. The Tudor slides into that space now that Rolex is off that design. Do any others in the forum own both watches? If you do or did, is or was there an overlap in style?

Watch Hand Analog watch Blue Azure Watch Analog watch White Clock Everyday carry

·
Registered
35,602 Posts
Subby date from 1993 and BB58 from 2018.

They live happily in the mainly Divers watch rotation that is my choice.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
those are also 3 different watches with different purposes, a diver, a gmt and a chrono

not sure you understood the OPs post…

nice subtle flex though i guess

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
I have been very fortunate to be able to own both a Submariner 14060M and a BB58. I bought them in 2018 and 2019 respectively. My fear was there would be too much overlap between the two and I would get rid of one of them. Its been over 2 years of me owning both and I can safely say they have their own places in my collection. I feel the gold accents and different look of the BB58 makes it a totally different piece. While the Submariner is the classic dive watch. I'm more into the 5 digit references as the ceramic ones seem too clingy for my tastes. The Tudor slides into that space now that Rolex is off that design. Do any others in the forum own both watches? If you do or did, is or was there an overlap in style?

View attachment 16117280 View attachment 16117281
Watch Hand Analog watch Silver Clock

Watch Hand Analog watch Clock Grey

It took me a while to pull the trigger on the BB58 blue because I thought there would be too much redundancy between the two. Luckily I followed my instincts and each does indeed stand on their own

·
Premium Member
38,846 Posts
I have both. Similar, yet different enough to enjoy individually.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Indeed I do....

Watch Tableware Drinkware Liquid Automotive lighting

Reactions: Perseverence

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I own both, but decided to part with the 58. I can’t really justify having too many watches. And they both pretty much cover the same ground (to a degree).
Watch Hand Arm Analog watch Gesture

·
Registered
300 Posts
I think this requires some Jeff Foxworthy “you might be a WISneck if...” logic.

If you think that a Rolex submariner and a Tudor black bay 58 are separate and unique watches, you might be a WISneck!

I do completely think they are. But I admit I have a problem😁

·
Registered
164 Posts
16610 and 79030b checking in here. They wear very similar but since the sub has a date complication, and the bb58 a color variation then I can justify it pretty easy. Next on the hitlist is a gmt master, or datejust.

Watch Analog watch Light Azure Clock

Watch Plant Hand Arm Analog watch

Watch Product Watch accessory Analog watch Clock

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts

View attachment 16117280 View attachment 16117281
I have owned both. Settled on the BB58 as it had more character and is equally well made.

·
Registered
BB ETA Smiley, BB58 Bronze Boutique, Raketa Big Zero, SKX009
5 Posts
I have also owned both, sold the sub-no date, (and my Batman), and kept my ETA smiley. Now I also have the BB58 bronze boutique, which I may sell but I'm leaving towards keeping it since it's so unique and I doubt anything like it will come out of the Rolex/Tudor house.

It's a silly world where I like the warm gold bronze of the BB58 but don't like the flash of the Rolex ceramic bezels.... watches man.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have a ND sub (one with the big horrible case no one likes and is worth about 85p) and the BB58 blue feel like very different watches to me.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Not yet, but one day, soon hopefully, I'll be able to change my answer. I have blue and black dial BB58s, and I'm hoping I get the call from my AD for a sub date sometime soon. I think they're all different enough to keep in the same collection. I plan on doing so.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Had both a 14060 & a 16610 but sold both as I loved the character of my BB S&G and Great White Omega Seamaster over either.

Tbh I felt like I purchased both Submariners to just check the boxes in my collection but never felt any affinity for them after the fact.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts