WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:roll:you see guys I have restored already a seiko 6309-729A diver and currently its on the flat vent rubber strap japan versionb-), now my dilemma is that I'll be purchasing this coming tuesday the bracelet for this, i have a tinny weeny wrist which is exactly 6.25" now the gratest concern, the question, JUBILEE or OYSTER.. i'm really having a hard time coz it might be hard to adjust the oyster on my wrist size and the jubilee is too dressy and stretches over time.. hooooo damn.. this is difficult:think:
my bezel is a pepsi insert OEM by the way.. I'm narrowing it down to these two OEM style bracelet for seiko divers.;-)

your replies will be highly appreciated!!

more power watchuseekers!!:-!

i just borrowed this pic form larry biggs.net.. i forgot the owner, anyways props for him..
my watch looks exactly like this!!:)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why isn't anyone replying on the threads that I post? damnn i need big help..
do i need to be like a moderator here so everyone would be interested on me??
I have noticed that and I feel disrespected with that notion, not just this thread!
c'mon guys..DONT FAIL on ME please??
just dont view this thread.. reply at least?

thanks ahead

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi,

"why isn't anyone replying on the threads that I post? damnn i need big help.."

Well, YOU could start by uploading some pictures for us. So all the guys & dolls who haven't got a clue what "6309-729A " is , can respond. Perhaps then there is some more respons .

Greetings.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have a small wrist too, 6 1/4- 1/2" inches. Look for the Super Oyster on the 'Bay, there's a guy selling a short version, for guys like us. Also, Harold's Anvil bracelet is something to consider. Good luck!:-!

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Try and calm down a bit there buddy, your original post is only 7 hours old. There are plenty of willing and able folks on here that I know will be able to help you out. Heck, I'd do it myself if I was properly equipped with the knowledge necessary for a response to your thread.

Best of luck! :-!

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
:roll:you see guys I have restored already a seiko 6309-729A diver and currently its on the flat vent rubber strap japan versionb-), now my dilemma is that I'll be purchasing this coming tuesday the bracelet for this, i have a tinny weeny wrist which is exactly 6.25" now the gratest concern, the question, JUBILEE or OYSTER.. i'm really having a hard time coz it might be hard to adjust the oyster on my wrist size and the jubilee is too dressy and stretches over time.. hooooo damn.. this is difficult:think:
my bezel is a pepsi insert OEM by the way.. I'm narrowing it down to these two OEM style bracelet for seiko divers.;-)

your replies will be highly appreciated!!

more power watchuseekers!!:-!
The second generation 6309's, such as the one in question, introduced the slimmed down diver cased design that is still in use by seiko today. Although the cases are not the same, the basic styling is. With that in mind, everyone here who has seen a modern SKX007/009/173/etc. on a bracelet, knows what one of these would look like on one. The 6309 slimmed down case takes all the same bracelets that fit the modern divers. In other words, the modern Jubilee, oyster, president, Super Oyster, Super Jubilee, and Anvil are all drop-in swaps into the old second gen 6309's.

Now to answer the OP's quaestion, if your concern is that the jubilee is too dressy and too lightly constructed, and that the oyster might not give you the flexibility that you want, then I recommend going with a Seiko President bracelet. I have 3 and find it to be an excellent middle ground.

Here is a modern SKX007 on a seiko president bracelet so you can see what I'm talking about:

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
c'mon guys? have mercy on me..
master isthmus.. shed some light on theee

thanx
why isn't anyone replying on the threads that I post? damnn i need big help..
do i need to be like a moderator here so everyone would be interested on me??
I have noticed that and I feel disrespected with that notion, not just this thread!
c'mon guys..DONT FAIL on ME please??
just dont view this thread.. reply at least?

thanks ahead
jsizzie, please excercise some patience. You posted in the middle of the night in the west, and on a weekend. Not many people are awake or online at that time. Give folks a day or two to reply. I have posted a detailed reply at the end of the thread.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank god all of you replied already!! Now;

@ACG
uhm I'm not really into the anvil/yobokies thing.. I'm still in love with my stock bracelet for my monster and the choice for me is just the jubilee/oyster
thanks maaaeen you must be having thousands og NIKE ACG, right?

@temperarely
I posted pictures already but i just borrowed it.. I pressumed that everyone knows this seiko diver model and i thought it would be redundant to do it but anyway, thanx man!

@control guy
hey man can you provide me direct links as to where I could prolly see this seller of the bracelet..im such a bummer hehehe but thats the look i wanted!! i noticed my bezel insert is OEM but it has a really dark blue hue and the red can only be noticed when hit by light!! thans a lot maaaeen.. i wanna have that look!!

@dbradford
Uhm ive researched a lot about the super oyster but seems to me I couldnt stomach it not be able to take the fat spring bars..but looks super though, maybe ill get the bug for that someday

@Upstanding citizen
yes i have calmed down already..i guess i should try to heartily learn more about different time zones since im here in the philippines and life is crazy here..anyway im +8GMT here thanks!

@isthmus
oh almighty one, yes i will redeem thee unto your commandment for i will bear nothing but stress on impatience (i'm not blaspheming, ok? LOL) alright already ill learn to automatically calculate timezones cause the addiction to watches can cause me to feel hypocritic.. anyway yes I already gone through your guides and i pressumed everyone else did too so all know what a 6309-729A looks like..
like i said, i stand firm between the choice of jubilee/oyster since i own a Rolex day-date in SS and its on a president bracelet.. I looked all over my place and found out that the OEM seiko oyster bracelet is out of stock! wheeew! geez its giving me a hard time..is it phased out already or just so so in demand? does seiko still produce these bracelets?

one more thing, i mean two LOL
what year did the wave strap started and what model of the seiko diver model was it issued on?(62mas,6105,6309..etc line is what i meant?)
AND! was it issued with a stock bracelet during the 80's(the 6309-729A) what could be the possible design? oyster/jubilee?

cause i wanna maintain the original look on this treasure of mine..=)

THANKs to all and your replies will be highly appreciated!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Oh, he's in the PHILIPPINES! That explains a lot!:roll: :-d Sorry Gabe, couldn't resist, I'll go shoot myself now..:-d

To the OP, joke lang, welcome and mabuhay, and I hope you get the bracelet that works right for you!:-!

P.S. If you read my signature, you'll see I'm here also in "Da' Phils", Albay specifically. I guess we were put on Earth for the sole purpose of testing Gabe!:-d

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ei kababayang dbradford! thanx 4 replyin.k? anung mening nang OP ha? tel me pare..sorry sir itshmus cant help but d tagalog in me!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts