WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd like to learn more about Seiya. A watch I bought for ~$740 was listed (now sold out) on Seiya Japan for about $440. I noticed a couple of their pieces are much cheaper than I've found anywhere else and it has me suspicious. That said, I've only heard positive things in terms of their legitimacy and quality.
My experience with Seiya has been outstanding. Excellent communication fast shipping etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
756 Posts
I ordered from them roughly 3 weeks ago and paid via Paypal. I had zero issues; the seller (Kota is the only name I saw in any of my exchanges) was very responsive and the only times it seemed a reply took longer than I liked, it was due to it being around midnight in Japan. I live in the southeast, USA.

My items arrived nearly on time; DHL initially said it would arrive Wednesday but it didn't arrive until Friday. Nonetheless, I was never left in the dark about anything. Hopefully your experience continues to be one of few.
Seems to be better now. Slight delay in shipment but they did end up getting back to me and were apologetic. Kota was the one that emailed me as well.

Delivery is supposed to be this Thursday so fingers crossed DHL keeps their part of the bargain!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've heard that Seiya doesn't own a watch store. He outsources watches for buyers which means that he buys the watches from dealers as he gets orders in from buyers. Chino on the other hand is a legitimate watch store.
I don't pretend to have any insight into how Seiya sources his watches, but I have made eight purchases from him in the past five years or so. Every transaction has been perfect... the watch ships within one business day, it's always been perfectly packed, and the watch itself has always been perfect. Any time I am interested in buying a JDM watch, Seiya is my go to source even though his price may a few dollars higher than some competitors. He's been completely reliable and earned my trust.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just bought a Citizen Attesa from Sakura Watches last Saturday (10 April 2021).
It was shipped Thursday (15 April 2021) afternoon, and in my hands the next afternoon (16 April 2021), self-collect from DHL Locker. Start to end was not even a week! :)
Very pleasant purchase, and i love the watch :love:

·
Registered
203 Posts
A word of concern about Sakura Watches.

Over the years I purchased two watches from them, an Oceanus and a high end Citizen.
Both times watches came new and well packaged. Fine. But...
in both cases there were cosmetic flaws. Oceanus had noticeably bent hour and minute hands.
Citizen had seconds hand misaligned by about 1/4 second, despite me asking Sakura watches to pick one with dead-perfect hands alignment. They promised to do so, but shipped me a poorly aligned watch.

I purchased multiple watches from other sellers in Japan, and I have never seen these kinds of problems. Which makes me think that Sakura sources B-stock watches, or watches that were assembled by technicians in training (??). If my guess is correct, these 2nd-class watches are probably what Sakura could be selling. If so, I can see how Sakura watches can be truly new, yet heavily discounted.

Not happy. Not going to buy more from them.
You have been warned.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Which makes me think that Sakura sources B-stock watches, or watches that were assembled by technicians in training (??). If my guess is correct, these 2nd-class watches are probably what Sakura could be selling. If so, I can see how Sakura watches can be truly new, yet heavily discounted.

Not happy. Not going to buy more from them.
You have been warned.
If this was the source of their products then everything they sold would have some defect or another -- yet here is a thread spanning multiple years containing primarily positive reviews. My only purchase from them is from two weeks ago, the watch itself is perfect as far as I can tell and I'd be perfectly happy to order from them again.

My only annoyance was that after they added on an almost $50 USD shipment charge the price actually got slightly more expensive than the other popular online sources of Japanese G-Shocks that had included shipping in their advertised price. So as far as I'm concerned their products are not "heavily discounted" at all if you include shipping -- they're just about inline with every other place.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I have bought two G-Shocks from Sakura: GW-5000U and GW-S5600U. Both were in perfect condition, no defects nor other issues. Shipping and taxes make them pretty equally expensive as local dealers have here in Finland. Good place for items, which are not available locally.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Purchased half a dozen watches from Sakura with no issues. Sure one of the Seikos had a misaligned bezel, but I ain't gonna blame Sakura for that, know what I'm sayin'. :p

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
How long does it take Sakura to reply to questions? It's been about a week since I've sent them an email and I still haven't heard anything back.
2-5 days in my cases. Try to contact via their website with your order number, it may trigger them faster.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I've bought from Sakura, Chino and Seyja, recently (the intention was to see if there were any differences).

- Delivery was almost the same, via DHL

- All watches came Ok

- Sakura was the cheapest but charged for shipping while the other two had "free" shipping

- In the end, Sakura was the most expensive (by ~$1.0), after shipping was included. Which was annoying.

- Ah,and Seyja included a full size microfiber cloth with their logo. The others didn't include anything. YMMV.

- Overall, I'm planning to stay with Seyja, if they have what I want

- Inventory (for what I wanted: GW-S5600U-1jF, GW-5000U-1jF, GW-B5600MG-1jF):

Chino > Sakura > Seyja

- Also, Chino and Seyja included an international, dated and stamped, warranty card:

- While Sakura didn't

Not that I expect to need the warranty (I've never had to use it) but I think you should get it.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts