WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Just received my MTG-B2000YBD-1AJF today.

• Placed the order on 10/22. (Friday)
  • Got the shipping notice via email on Tuesday, 10/26 at 7pm.
  • Received the watch TODAY, less than 48 hours later, from Japan!!! 😲 😲 😲

I don't know how much Sakura was responsible for the quick passage of this watch thru Customs (if at all), but this was probably my speediest delivery from Japan, ever. (it came via DHL Express, but they have never been this fast with any delivery to me)

My 3rd order from Sakura, since 2019. Happened to notice that it was my T200 Oceanus' 'birthday' recently, having ordered it on 18 Oct of 2020. :ROFLMAO:

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Just received my MTG-B2000YBD-1AJF today.

• Placed the order on 10/22. (Friday)
  • Got the shipping notice via email on Tuesday, 10/26 at 7pm.
  • Received the watch TODAY, less than 48 hours later, from Japan!!!

I don't know how much Sakura was responsible for the quick passage of this watch thru Customs (if at all), but this was probably my speediest delivery from Japan, ever. (it came via DHL Express, but they have never been this fast with any delivery to me)

My 3rd order from Sakura, since 2019. Happened to notice that it was my T200 Oceanus' 'birthday' recently, having ordered it on 18 Oct of 2020. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 16205415
whistle that’s a beautiful piece. Wear it in the best! Fresh from Japan too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Time4Playnow

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered from them too. Took them 5 days until they shipped. Arrived 2,5 weeks after they shipped in Germany. Please do not try to avoid import taxes. I faked the invoice and the customes looked up the average prices. Then they contacted the seller. They fined me 1500,-€ and had to pay the taxes too :( Could have bought another watch for that money.

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
Sakura is slow in handling the orders, it typically takes 3-5 office days to ship them, after which the speed depends on DHL etc. Most of my orders have arrived to me in 48hrs after the shipping, most irritating is the wait over weekend...

Now keeping my fingers and toes crossed, that they would ship my Gravitymaster today and I might get it tomorrow 😉

·
Registered
406 Posts
Bought one from Sakura in December, 2021. Shipped by DHL, who enterred no tracking and who dumped the package in the half-full drainage ditch near our rural mailbox. Sakura had done such a good job of packaging that nothing inside the box got wet. I have had 80% utterly terrible experiences with DHL. No communication with Sakura after I paid, alarming when there was no tracking and the package was late. My messages got no response. In the end, I got the relatively rare "Adrenaline Red" GAW 100R in good shape at a fair price. Just a total absence of warm and fuzzy.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i had them bookmarked but what i wanted was "out of stock" which they seem to have a lot of. a ton of their out of stock watches show a ridiculously low ORIGINAL price, marked down at another ridiculous %. it might be a ploy to get you to browse but that doesn't mean they don't deliver on a watch. if there was a "available" filter on the left, the listing would be cut by 2/3...lol

i buy a lot from japan and these prices don't seem out of place to me, so i ever gave it a second thought. the way i look at it, asian stores have a massive inventory that we (usa) don't have privy to.

there is also the dollar/yen you have to be aware of and right now is a good time to buy japan. i have my eye on a watch(not from sakura) and i'm waiting

Rectangle Font Line Screenshot Parallel

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
Hmm, Sakura seems to have something weird going on in their Casio sales; almost all models are either Pre-Order or Out-Of-Stock, nothing In-Stock? Applies to G-Shocks, Oceanus, Edifice, ...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hmm, Sakura seems to have something weird going on in their Casio sales; almost all models are either Pre-Order or Out-Of-Stock, nothing In-Stock? Applies to G-Shocks, Oceanus, Edifice, ...
yes, and the "out of stocks" are stunningly below value. kind of bait and switch or a way to give you the impression they are the place to go

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
According to Kota from Sakura, they are now negotiating the new contract with Casio and thus none of the Casio brand watches are available. Things should get back to normal in 1-2weeks 👍

...my wishlist is getting bigger and bigger day by day 😉

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
According to Kota from Sakura, they are now negotiating the new contract with Casio and thus none of the Casio brand watches are available. Things should get back to normal in 1-2weeks 👍

...my wishlist is getting bigger and bigger day by day 😉
New contract!? Doesn't sound good likely because prices will go up. Hope I am wrong

101 - 120 of 135 Posts