• Rotating bezel

Votes: 39 79.6%
  • Smooth bezel

Votes: 10 20.4%
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I seem to be in the minority here but the bezel action is not what I was expecting when I got my DA46. Very hard to turn. Nothing like any of my other watches. The whole watch twists on the wrist when I turn the bezel. Maybe I'm missing something but next to the poor lume the bezel action is the least favorite aspect of this watch.

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
I seem to be in the minority here but the bezel action is not what I was expecting when I got my DA46. Very hard to turn. Nothing like any of my other watches. The whole watch twists on the wrist when I turn the bezel. Maybe I'm missing something but next to the poor lume the bezel action is the least favorite aspect of this watch.
I wonder if it needs to be either cleaned or adjusted.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
612 Posts
Your DA46 has a different bezel mechanism than most watches. It has ceramic ball bearings instead of a click spring, so it will have a very different feel to it. Much firmer and solid feel to it while rotating. I appreciate this feel, but others may not like it, but I do agree it may not be for everyone.

·
Registered
228 Posts

I sent it back and they said they cleaned and adjusted it but it still feels the same. I guess that is just the way that bevel operates. Not really a fan but now I know.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Your DA46 has a different bezel mechanism than most watches. It has ceramic ball bearings instead of a click spring, so it will have a very different feel to it. Much firmer and solid feel to it while rotating. I appreciate this feel, but others may not like it, but I do agree it may not be for everyone.
This was my first Damasko and I was not familiar with the ball bearing bezel. It is just something that I am not used to. If I purchase another Damasko, I will stick to a non bezel watch.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
This was my first Damasko and I was not familiar with the ball bearing bezel. It is just something that I am not used to. If I purchase another Damasko, I will stick to a non bezel watch.
It does seem a little extra stiff to me as well, and a little sharp on the fingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I have had similar experiences with a few Damaskos. Fine watches, but I tend to prefer the "smooth" versions for several of their models.

·
Registered
Soon to be an omega P/O 2201.5
466 Posts
All my other watches with rotating bezels now seem so cheap, tinny and clicky, whereas the Damasko bezel feels like a tank.
I do love the solid clicks/pops of it but my omega 2201.5 is probably the best action in a bezel I’ve ever had. The 46 would be 3rd but it’s the bezel edge that is my complaint, wish it was more coin edge than it is. Although I can see why they needed to make it such a harsh thing to grab because of how stiff it is to turn.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I do love the solid clicks/pops of it but my omega 2201.5 is probably the best action in a bezel I’ve ever had. The 46 would be 3rd but it’s the bezel edge that is my complaint, wish it was more coin edge than it is. Although I can see why they needed to make it such a harsh thing to grab because of how stiff it is to turn.

The more I wear the more I get used to the stiffness. The firm clicks have grown on me and it seems like how you grab it to turn it makes a difference. The teeth do still seem a little excessively sharp however.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Pretty simple basic idea here.. anybody buy a Damasko with a rotating bezel and wish they had the smooth? ...

View attachment 16498569
Late to the party, but FWIW you made the right choice from my POV - not only does it look better, but with a moving bezel you always have a simple timer to hand - makes the watch more versatile.

As for my own collection - with hindsight, had the DC7n range existed when I bought my DC80, I would have bought the DC86 for the full-monty multiple-ways-to-time-stuff watch-with-bezel, and then added the DC70 for the ultimate no-bezel minimalist chronograph: such is hindsight!

And that's not to say I regret either watch - indeed, knowing me, if I'd done the DC86 / DC70 thing, I'd be pining for the exact opposite now! Derp!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts