·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering reversing mine from:
G9000MS-1_xlarge.png

To something like the GD 100-MS1:
GD-100MS-1ER.jpg

I've noticed someone here did a fantastic job of the 6900 and the 5600 MS series.

·
Registered
948 Posts
There's a guy on EBay selling the film needed to change to a positive display and he has a picture of the end result. I've thought about doing this also, but the G9000MS-1 is the only piece in my collection with a negative display so I'll probably leave it alone. The legibility is definitely improved - I wonder how it effects the dual illuminator - background now would be blue-ish I suppose with black numbers, but I'm very curious to how the brightness would be?
$_57.JPG

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
...I wonder how it effects the dual illuminator - background now would be blue-ish I suppose with black numbers, but I'm very curious to how the brightness would be?
Overall, the watch will put out a lot more light since the entire background will glow, instead of "just" the digits glowing with a negative display. It will be similar to the difference between covering a flashlight lens with all of your fingers (and a little light slipping out between the cracks) versus covering the lens with just a portion of ONE finger.

What percentage of the now-exposed EL panel real estate is covered by of LCD digits? 5% or 10%? It will go from 5-10% glowing to 90-95% glowing. :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
I love the look of the GD 100 but I suspect the 9000 would fit me a lot better small wristed as I am. Are the Mudmen that hard to read all the pics of the negative displays look terrible haven't seen one in real life yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts