WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

anyone see the new Damasko bracelet??? wow

34K views 115 replies 45 participants last post by  WatchMann 
#1 ·
I just saw the Damasko bracelet preview in my Facebook feed....looks amazing and definitely something that I'll be slapping on my DA36 stat!

Distilled beverage Technology Drink

See less See more
#12 ·
No doubt these will be top shelf bracelets, for those that insist on a bracelet. I'm in the camp that thinks Damaskos belong on a strap though.

Reactions: Desert
#14 ·
Sinn, Fortis, Breitling, IWC, all prominent manufacturers of pilot watches and have been offering those watches with a bracelet from the beginning. On a traditional A dial or B dial flieger, I say yes, leather or Nato is all that should be between the lugs. Otherwise, no such taboo to put a bracelet on a pilot watch as far as I'm concerned... especially one so innovative and so far removed from a traditional flieger as a Damasko.

#20 ·
Well, saw the new bracelet and I am deeply impressed. Will be available for all Damasko watches from January 2014 on. Of course it is developed and produced in-house and it is not just a bracelet. Konrad Damasko put some brainstorming into it and the outcome is that all links (all but that is not needed by everybody I guess) are removable. The links all feature torx, a type of screw head characterized by a 6-point star-shaped pattern. All watches/bracelets therefor will come with a special star screwdiver. Sizing a bracelet yourself becomes an easy-peasy thing. Absolutely hassle-free.
To take pictures wasn't easy to do. The lighting was an sbsolut no go. However, I managed to get some and on the camera they look ok.
Now out with some WIS for diner.

#24 ·
the outcome is that all links (all but that is not needed by everybody I guess) are removable.
Now out with some WIS for diner.
Thanks for the report. Did you have a chance to see the clasp? Anything interesting about it, micro-regulation etc?

Anyway, IMHO I am not sure how does the removable links make the bracelet any different from most of the other bracelets? Many brands use screws now to make it quite easy to remove links. Although I agree torx sounds like a nice improvement.

#21 · (Edited)
Mike, the way you describe the bracelet is exactly like I thought I saw it in the picture posted earlier in the thread. Having all of the links being torx screws not only makes it extremely easy to size, but gives the bracelet a truly toolish feel in keeping with a Damasko watch. Again, as I stated earlier, looks extremely well thought out and engineered.

#30 ·
all links -all have torx screws and that is unique. Have not seen a bracelet with all links to be removable. All.
The IWC Mark XV (and XVI and XVII), Aquatimer (ref 3536, 3548, and whatever it is now), Inge (from 3227 on), and Chronographs (ref 3706 on) all features bracelets with all removable links. They can be removed with two toothpicks. As I said, it's a nice feature but not groundbreaking.

#29 ·
And of course the fact that the bracelet is ice-hardened is truly innovative, separates it from anything on the market, and puts it in a league all it's own.

#44 · (Edited)
I think the bracelet looks well made and in keeping with character of the watch. The price, while expensive, is hardly surprising for a low volume producer like Damasko, especially given the added PITA factor of working with hardened steel. Anyone price a Rolex bracelet recently? Replacing the one on my 30 y.o. Oysterquartz set me back over a grand. A new sub bracelet is WAY more. I wish Damasko had done something really cool with the clasp but I'm fine with it as long as its hardened and made well.

Re hardened steel on hardened steel: if they can move against each other, eventually they will polish the touching surfaces. Over time you will be able to tell where they touch unless Damasko used solid end links, but for me that doesn't matter.

I sent an email to Damasko to see if I could pre-order a couple. I do want to see better pics though!

EDIT: I looked at the pics and It looks like Damasko is using solid end links!

Will

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.