WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm torn between flieger 40 and marine with romans 36. Will probably buy both in the future. But tbh. I think it's the strap that makes me keep coming back to the flieger. Seeing it without the pilot strap doesn't look nearly as good.

Having the marine on the pilot strap might look weird? Or doesn't it? Anyone have some pictures?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Above: looks really nice :)

This is the combo I've been thinking of. Probably would order it anyway because it's only 24€. But if I can see pictures and like the look it might push me over the edge so I buy one.
marineuhr_klassik_36_roman_auto_basis-stowa-1300.jpg
1544881658-18181.2.jpg

·
Registered
194 Posts
I always keep my Flieger Klassik 40 on the regular Stowa brown Flieger strap because it's so comfortable and is a perfect match. I never ever consider changing straps on this one.

I don't have a Marine 36, but I reckon it looks great on a variety of straps, based on photos (e.g. Stowa's hand-stitched leather, as above, is perfect; but I believe Perlon or Sailcloth would also look fantastic). However, I would not wear the Marine on a Pilot-style strap, nor would I put it anywhere near a Nato.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Reactions: njhinde

·
Registered
515 Posts
Pilot's straps are good for every watches. I like for this marine sailcloth, perlon or MN in grey-blue colors. If you take marine arabic 36 or 40 mm central second without date - it's looks similar Longines Heritage Military or SMITHS Military PRS-29 Royal Air Force Air Ministry 6B/159 and NATO strap must have.
Smiths.jpg

Longines6B.jpg

Omega6B.jpg

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pilot's straps are good for every watches. I like for this marine sailcloth, perlon or MN in grey-blue colors. If you take marine arabic 36 or 40 mm central second without date - it's looks similar Longines Heritage Military or SMITHS Military PRS-29 Royal Air Force Air Ministry 6B/159 and NATO strap must have.
View attachment 15685161
View attachment 15685169
View attachment 15685182
Not the biggest fan of natos or similar like MN anymore. Used to have tens of natos. If I buy the Stowa I will only wear it on a leather of some sort. But the reason I ask for the particular pilot strap from Stowa is because I think it looks amazing but I don't know if it will fit the marine. It's the 36mm with romans I want, most likely polished.

So one of the biggest reason I can't decide between flieger and marine is because of how good the flieger looks on that particular strap

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not the biggest fan of natos or similar like MN anymore. Used to have tens of natos. If I buy the Stowa I will only wear it on a leather of some sort. But the reason I ask for the particular pilot strap from Stowa is because I think it looks amazing but I don't know if it will fit the marine. It's the 36mm with romans I want, most likely polished.

So one of the biggest reason I can't decide between flieger and marine is because of how good the flieger looks on that particular strap
Indeed, the Flieger looks perfect on the Flieger strap. The Marine, not so much ... in fact, not at all ;-)
The Marine, as said previously, looks perfect on the hand-stitched strap.

So... if you really want the Marine, just buy it on one of the hand-stitched leather strap, plus buy one of the Stowa 18mm Flieger straps as well. If you like that combo for a change, great. If not, you won't have wasted much cash on that second strap anyway.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Indeed, the Flieger looks perfect on the Flieger strap. The Marine, not so much ... in fact, not at all ;-)
The Marine, as said previously, looks perfect on the hand-stitched strap.

So... if you really want the Marine, just buy it on one of the hand-stitched leather strap, plus buy one of the Stowa 18mm Flieger straps as well. If you like that combo for a change, great. If not, you won't have wasted much cash on that second strap anyway.
Have you tried?

Yes I will in that case. It's just that if the strap looked good on the marine the choice of which watch to chose would be easier. But If I do buy the marine I'll buy the strap as well and if it doesn't fit I'll buy a Seiko SNK809 and use the strap on that watch.

·
Premium Member
33,486 Posts
That watch looks awesome on a strap, ANY strap, IMHO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts