WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was by the sea this weekend and i stood on a pier which was about 20ft above sea level. Rangeman kept showing 25 m... just wondering if that's normal...

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
I have the similar setup on the PRW-3000 (also v3 sensors). Have shown 20 or 30 ft above and below. Have to zero it when you can. The nice thing is you know your altitude for a fact ;)

sent with aloha

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was by the sea this weekend and i stood on a pier which was about 20ft above sea level. Rangeman kept showing 25 m... just wondering if that's normal...
An altimeter is just a "stupid" instrument which measures air pressure. It has to be set periodically when the air pressure changes to get the correct altitude readings. Same way pilots do it. If you are at sea level, it's the perfect time to set the altimeter to zero. All that stuff is covered in the manual too, albeit a little lengthy.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the responses... Now I know. I'll zero it whenever I get the chance to. Cheers!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,555 Posts
We had some rough weather last weekend. I live at sealevel (actually -0.40m), but I woke up Sunday at 85 meters ;-)

Also the elevator movie, I posted last night was around Sealevel. More likely I was going down from 10m to 5m, but had no time to "zero".

Cheers,

Sjors

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts