WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 3 month old Rolex Sub-Date is gaining 8.6s per day putting it outside of COSC. Obviously I am not happy with this (although my Bremont, which doesn't seem to lose or gain a second, is looking on rather smugly)!

Options to get it regulated:

1. Take it back to AD.
2. Go to Rolex service center, St James Sq London.

I live in London, quite near to St James Sq so popping in is no problem for me.

Anyone have any experience with having just walking in to the RSC to have a watch regulated? Do they do it there & then or will I be without my sub for ages (again the Bremont is looking on smugly)?

Pete

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi,

My 3 month old Rolex Sub-Date is gaining 8.6s per day putting it outside of COSC. Obviously I am not happy with this (although my Bremont, which doesn't seem to lose or gain a second, is looking on rather smugly)!

Options to get it regulated:

1. Take it back to AD.
2. Go to Rolex service center, St James Sq London.

I live in London, quite near to St James Sq so popping in is no problem for me.

Anyone have any experience with having just walking in to the RSC to have a watch regulated? Do they do it there & then or will I be without my sub for ages (again the Bremont is looking on smugly)?

Pete
I would certainly try for the the service center instead of letting some shmo at the dealer open it. The adj. is delicate and in addition few are equipped to test the seal to 300m
Good Luck

·
Banned
463 Posts
St James Sq or Watches of Switzerland Rolex boutique Bond street should be able to sort it out for you.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
I walked in RSC at St James Square to purchase a black/ burgundy bezel insert for my GMT II last year. They replaced the insert while I waited and returned the pepsi to me as well. The staff was friendly and accommodating.
It's well worth a try.
Good luck,
dP

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was in London on a layover and walked in RSC at St James Square to purchase a pepsi bezel insert for my GMT II. They replaced the insert while I waited and returned the coke to me as well. Interesting is that my watch was an "M" series that I suspected had a 3186 movement. The staff insisted that there were no 3186s in the GMT II and if I wanted that movement, I would have to purchase the GMT II(c). After some insistence-more like begging, ha, the technician agreed to open my watch up and sure enough, it was a 3186 much to the surprise to to all the staff. He even crossed checked the movement serial number with a "secret" Rolex book and it still stated it was a 3185. Interesting. The bottom line is that the staff was friendly and most accommodating. I would not hesitate one minute in stopping by. By the way, love my Bremonts as well.
It's well worth a try.
Good luck,

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just back from the service centre @ St James Sq. Great experience--staff & décor awesome. Sure enough the watch was gaining 9 secs a day so they regulated it. They even polished out a scratch on the clasp for me (something that nobody but me would ever notice).
Lets hope it settles down now & starts running inside COSC spec.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Have been there yesterday. Impressive from the inside and outside.
I'm planning on looking in there tomorrow if I get the chance, as I'm off to Jura to get some bits and bobs Bremont related!

cheers,
Jake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts