WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't...but I realized the other day that I still use it quite a bit. Um...just not for very useful things :-D
I use it to time my dog walks and for cooking (read: frozen pizza). Sometimes, I'll time my trips to the grocery store (very useful). And, of course, I use it to monitor my annoyance level, whenever I'm being made to wait for something.

So, I'm just wondering; who uses a chronograph for actual, practical reasons? Of course, you can share your not so practical uses, too!

eric

J

·
0 Posts
Actually, I have very few chronos because I never really need to time anything and also because they cost a lot more to service. :-S

They look good, which is why I like them, but for me they are completely impractical.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
In order of frequency:

• Time my teenage daughter when she says in a _____.
  • Time cooking
  • Time general things which specify time intervals
  • Time my wife when she says in a ______.
  • Time motorcycle racing laps and calculate average speed
  • Time docking of the space shuttle to the space station (in my dreams :))
Ray

·
Registered
131 Posts
COOKING ! I've always had either my old (now long gone) Submariner or now my Seamaster to use the rotational bezel while cooking. Often, my Speedy gets duty for this! Find myself timing drive travels on point to point location time as well.

Andrew

·
Registered
629 Posts
I think I'm a heavy non-sense chrono user. :-D I use it normally during the day like timing:
-driving, walking, riding bus/subway or waiting time
-office break (lunch, coffee, etc.)
-cooking (still can't perfectly boil Fettucine):-X
-job project time (hr-min) for billing

If I don't have chrono that day I use the bezel instead.

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
I use mine to get myself angry, when co-workers say well meet up for coffee in 10 minutes, and my chrono says I've been sitting in the parking lot for 4 extra minutes so far, and their vehicle is no where to be seen!

I also time how long it takes the Judge to berate defendants in court for their lame excuses at to why they do the things they do!

·
Registered
8,484 Posts
SOOOO..You like to COOK? Well so do I! All you guy's are missing out on the X-33,with this one you use the countdown timer,30 min.s? 3 hour's? Then the alarm sound's at the end,no thinking about it! John Wilson.

·
Registered
8,484 Posts
BrianS said:
I use mine at the races to track lap times, but the most useful thing I use them for is watching the countdown at the end of eBay watch auctions so I can get that last bid in just before the time ends.. ;-)
Thank's for the tip!! John Wilson.

·
Premium Member
12,913 Posts
use mine for meetings as well as for travels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts