WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a few new arrivals lately and some of my older pieces haven't had an wrist time so I've decided to do a full rotation. This is a one day, one watch deal with no repetitions til I'm done. This is something I've never managed to do before (always ended up weakening at some point), but I've got this one all planned out with a watch appropriate for each day picked out. I only have 12 at the moment so its not as big a challenge as it would be for some here but it still took some planning.

Day 1 (yesterday): Timex Expedition.
A totally fitting watch for a day off work spent mucking around with my 2 year old son.

Day 2 (today): Sinn 656.
I knew it was going to be a tough day at work (and it was!) but at least I had my favourite timepiece to gaze lovingly at when I got a spare second.

So, that's me so far. Anyone else want to join in?

·
Banned
698 Posts
This sounds like kind of a fun idea. Although, I wouldn't be finished until sometime mid-September (see sig) :-d.

I think that I'll start tomorrow and see how far I can get. I need to plan it out by day correctly. I don't need to wear one of my "collection" watches like the Swatch Irony or Blackboard to the pool hall- they really do look a bit odd on a guy who is 6'3. I think that those shall be saved for weekdays when not much is going on.

Anywho, I'll start tomorrow. Hopefully I can at least make it as far as it takes for you to finish your rotation. :-!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I only have 12 at the moment so its not as big a challenge as it would be for some here but it still took some planning.

Anyone else want to join in?
I'll join you as I have 12 watches also!

Yesterday was my 7002 with the aftermarket yellow dial:

Today I am wearing my white Bond Quartz:

Bob

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Sorry, not gonna happen here. I usually wear 2-3 watches a day so I can give each watch the "attention" it deserves.

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
I'm usually a 2-3 watch a day guy myself, and given the state of my collection it may take awhile to get through them all :-d

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Heh I know Taro's collection has got to number in the hundreds.... :-!

But, I would never do a full rotation. I figure my watches are to serve ME, not the other way around. If I don't feel like wearing one, I'm not gonna! If I want to wear one for a month, I'm gonna!

My trouble is that at work they blocked most of the image hosting sites, so I usually can't participate in the "watch-u-wearing" posts.

Today I had to visit a client, so I decided to wear my Seiko Chrono with a collar + slacks.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
To keep myself organized, I'll be wearing the watches in the order they are in my watch boxes.

Day 3:

Bob

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome board rmahoney and cappy!

Day 3: Vostok Amphibia.
Dress down Friday at work so I've slipped on a casual favourite on a matching nato.

·
Banned
698 Posts
My almost-identical twin says hi!

Welcome board rmahoney and cappy!

Day 3: Vostok Amphibia.
Dress down Friday at work so I've slipped on a casual favourite on a matching nato.

·
Banned
698 Posts
Sjors should be joining this thread :-d

I'm not even going to try, I know I'll break the rules one day or another.
Come on, you don't need to lie about it. The truth is that you just aren't sure how many watches or what exact models you even own in total. :-d

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
Looking good with those Vostok/NATO combos guys! :-!

I'd try but I know I'd miss some days. Cool idea though b-)

Cheers,
Griff

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Come on, you don't need to lie about it. The truth is that you just aren't sure how many watches or what exact models you even own in total. :-d
Lol, well, in order to keep the picture clear I created a little Excel-file which keeps track of the number of watches I currently own ;-)

Score at the moment: 66 with 2 incoming |>

·
Banned
698 Posts
Lol, well, in order to keep the picture clear I created a little Excel-file which keeps track of the number of watches I currently own ;-)

Score at the moment: 66 with 2 incoming |>
Oh dear god.... we're the exact same collector. Not only have we been adding at the same pace since I started back in (April?)... but I also put together an Excel spreadsheet for all of my watches last weekend. I needed to add 20+ pieces to my insurance policy (the staff loved this)... so I had to organize everything with details on make, model, model #, MSRP, and actual price paid. I also made a second copy that included case and lug width for my own reference.

The good news is that now when I want to do something like, lets say order some new straps to change things up, I can just pull up the spreadsheet and the info is right there.

Pickup anything unusual or worth bragging about?

BTW- we should compare notes sometime and see if a swap might benefit both of us. God knows there are enough possible combos and pieces I forget I even own. Today I came across my Invicta Sea Ghost in my "these collect some dust" box and swore that I'd decided not to order that. :-d

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Oh dear god.... we're the exact same collector. Not only have we been adding at the same pace since I started back in (April?)... but I also put together an Excel spreadsheet for all of my watches last weekend. I needed to add 20+ pieces to my insurance policy (the staff loved this)... so I had to organize everything with details on make, model, model #, MSRP, and actual price paid. I also made a second copy that included case and lug width for my own reference.

The good news is that now when I want to do something like, lets say order some new straps to change things up, I can just pull up the spreadsheet and the info is right there.

Pickup anything unusual or worth bragging about?

BTW- we should compare notes sometime and see if a swap might benefit both of us. God knows there are enough possible combos and pieces I forget I even own. Today I came across my Invicta Sea Ghost in my "these collect some dust" box and swore that I'd decided not to order that. :-d
Lol, all sounds very familiar indeed ;-)

The two watches I've got incoming are the new Bernhardt Binnacle Anchor (in white/orange) and a 'Stunt' :-d. The latter is a military inspired watch from the 80's. Stunt used to be a sub-brand of Sicura, who owned Breitling at that time. The watch I just found ($36 shipped) is an exact copy of the Breitlings from those days, only with a different name printed on it. I bought it because my dad's been walking around with the exact same watch for 20 some years and always brags about it being a full-blooded sister to my Breitlings, now I've got one too ;-)

I've got two more watch related files by the way. A Word-file with the name "wanted.docx", I think I don't have to explain to you what that's all about, basically my shopping list :-d
And a file called "lugsize.docx" in which I keep track of lug-to-lug measurements of watches I'm somewhat interested in. This is because my wrists aren't that huge and it's usually very difficult to find this measurement.

Oh yeah, by the way, I faced a dilemma yesterday, my latest arrival just came in (Citizen EcoZilla) but I couldn't find a couple of square inches to put the box on anymore. So I was forced to clear out a dvd tower which now serves as a new home for my EcoZilla and the next couple of incoming watches ;-)

·
Banned
698 Posts
You and I both have the situation with our fathers in common. Mine wears a vintage 1960's Omega that we had fully restored. I've been trying to find the exact model in good shape and it's not easy. I especially want to find one from an original owner, but I think my father might have the last single-owner example of that watch on the planet.

Nice pickup with the Bernhardt. Post a short review and link it when you have a chance- I'm on the edge of picking one up, but want feedback from a non-biased collector who owns enough variety to take their word on how a piece presents itself.

You really, really need pictures. How many boxes do you have? I just filled my third and now I'm on a witch-hunt for the largest possible box that matches the ones I already own. I have a thing about matching the storage so it looks more impressive, so sadly I may just own a stack of 10 and 20 space models soon. ;-)

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
You and I both have the situation with our fathers in common. Mine wears a vintage 1960's Omega that we had fully restored. I've been trying to find the exact model in good shape and it's not easy. I especially want to find one from an original owner, but I think my father might have the last single-owner example of that watch on the planet.

Nice pickup with the Bernhardt. Post a short review and link it when you have a chance- I'm on the edge of picking one up, but want feedback from a non-biased collector who owns enough variety to take their word on how a piece presents itself.

You really, really need pictures. How many boxes do you have? I just filled my third and now I'm on a witch-hunt for the largest possible box that matches the ones I already own. I have a thing about matching the storage so it looks more impressive, so sadly I may just own a stack of 10 and 20 space models soon. ;-)
Hmmm, yeah, finding that Omega might prove to be a (very) long time project |>

Lots of people ordered the new Binnacle, the first batch will be shipped out in two or three weeks I believe, after that, WUS will be flooded with reviews ;-)

I haven't got any boxes (apart from my safe, which contains 4 watches), it's just one big mayhem of watches laying aroung basically, about half of them are displayed in their original box ;-)

By the way; to whatmeworry, I'm sorry we hijacked your thread for a while :-d

·
Banned
698 Posts
Ha.. yeah, sorry about that as well. I just like catching up with the only other person my age who might be more crazy with his collecting than me.

And LB, I'm glad to hear nothing has changed- that you still are probably finding G-shocks inside your gym shoes and Seiko divers in coat pockets when you put them on in the cold. Boxes. Pfft. ;-)

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm usually a 2-3 watch a day guy myself, and given the state of my collection it may take awhile to get through them all :-d
Lol, I've never even thought about switching watches in the same day. My GF already gives me a funny look when I stand in front of the watch box and try to decide what to wear. :-!

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
No worries, guys. I come to WUS because I enjoy people talking about their watches. :-!

Had you been talking about cats I might have got annoyed.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts