WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Monday folks.
I'm thinking about flipping my current daily watch, an omega 2254.50, for a non-dlc 140 St. As my 2254 is a great everyday watch, I'm wondering if anyone here wears the 140 daily, or close to it. I'm guessing the 15mm height and technical appearance limits its versatility, but I'm pondering the comfort factor. For background, I've been considering starting a space watch collection and wanted to add the 140 to my pogue and speedmaster.
Thanks for the help and here's some pics!

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory
My 2254

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

picture form the web

·
Registered
268 Posts
Free bump cuz I’m really curious about the wearability of the 140 as well. Fantastic as a tool and as an object, but it does tend to look more like a piece of equipment than a wristwatch in a lot of the pics I’ve seen, noticeably less discrete than other tool watches of its era.

Perfect complement for a astronaut jumpsuit or t-shirt. Maybe not so much for a sports jacket...?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think this is starting to become a 'grail' of mine... Same here, have a Speedmaster and a Omega Seamaster. My other space watch is the new Strela with the St19 movement. (not so impressive, I know but i'm not into the vintage craze. Yet.) Like you i'm thinking of starting a space related collection. Right now i'm aiming at the Fortis Cosmonaut Chronograph. This could be next. Thing is, it's quite expensive! 4380$ from Watchbuys. In the end, with the customs to Canada, it's gonna cost me more than my Speedmaster. Am I missing something? (The Sinn does offer more than the Omega) The Tegimented hardened steel is really the selling point for me. (Other than being related to spaaaccceee)

But I agree that this watch really looks like a tool! (Part of the charm?)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
There is nothing that limits the wearability of the 140 series, except possibly the weight.
I have several Sinn 140 and related 142 specimens from the early models onwards (hence there is no single 140 daily wearer) and it has never been a problem, even when I wore one of them for several days in a row.

I also own some (e.g. 103 Ti Ar UTC) titanium watches and when I switch from one of those to a 140 the weight change is at first noticeable, but I adjust quickly and no longer notice it after a few moments.

The tapered case design makes wearing a 140 easy, even with long sleeve shirts, and the 15 mm thickness is only 0.5 mm more than the 903 and 2 mm less than the 103 series, which both wear extremely comfortably.

In summary, there is nothing that would prevent me from wearing a 140 as a daily wearer.

K.

Reactions: Audy

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is nothing that limits the wearability of the 140 series, except possibly the weight.
I have several Sinn 140 and related 142 specimens from the early models onwards (hence there is no single 140 daily wearer) and it has never been a problem, even when I wore one of them for several days in a row.

I also own some (e.g. 103 Ti Ar UTC) titanium watches and when I switch from one of those to a 140 the weight change is at first noticeable, but I adjust quickly and no longer notice it after a few moments.

The tapered case design makes wearing a 140 easy, even with long sleeve shirts, and the 15 mm thickness is only 0.5 mm more than the 903 and 2 mm less than the 103 series, which both wear extremely comfortably.

In summary, there is nothing that would prevent me from wearing a 140 as a daily wearer.

K.
Thank you very much for sharing your wearing experience! I had a hunch that the case shape and flat caseback made the 15mm height very manageable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts