WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am trying to find a watch preferably an omega for jogs and cross training.?
I know there are Casios and the likes but I would like something like the x33. Any one wears their omega during such activities?

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
I have a X-33, but because of the limited water resistance, i wear this one for any physical activities, it's quartz and bulletproof.

Now if you need the chronograph then the X-33 would be a good choice.

Here's my first gen.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
927 Posts
I've worn my Speedy Pro jogging a couple of times, with no apparent ill effect. No change to the timekeeping either.

Nothing more vigorous than that so far, though, and I have no plans to bring it along for water activities.

20160510_162659.jpg

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have just two watches and both are omegas, while these are worn often I don't really want to put them into any risky situation so probably the x33 seems to be a suitable candidate. I kinda like the Z33 but it seems rather chunky, cool but expensive for a beater.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I currently use some cheap Timex chronograph watches for working out, but plan on getting a mechanical chronograph and have been wondering how active I can be while wearing one. Think I've read not to wear automatics during such activities, but does this include handwind watches like the Speedmaster Professional or even a Strela?

I'd probably still change into my quartz when legitimately working out, but can be pretty active in general and have been wondering about this.

·
Registered
927 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wear both of my seamasters (not at the same time :)) on both treadmill, and the tennis court. I just rinse them off when I get done.

·
Registered
14,392 Posts
I think it makes a lot more sense to use a GPS watch. I really like the info it provides and I think every runner would enjoy it.

·
Registered
642 Posts
When travelling for work I often forget to being my gps watch. I ran a lot of miles with my speedy pro. Even a marathon. No problem..

Sent from my mobile

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'd much rather wear a Casio fw91 to work out or nothing. I'd even wear my seiko arnie first but not an omega or a Rolex. What am I? An .......?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
I wear my Seamaster 300 MC to the gym all the time because I can't bring myself to leave it in a locker. I also played football and baseball with it at a park BBQ yesterday. I'm not saying I'd wear a DeVille to do these things, but the dive watches aren't delicate.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I don't normally wear my Omegas during a workout....But I do wear my Garmin! Found this at a Radio Shack for $25 last summer. No Bluetooth but it does the job.

Image1464572622.499552.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Had shortlisted the x-33 but after reading a bit in these they are quite an over kill for just a job and training sort of thing. I Guess a Garmin or polar light do it for less than a 100$. Formally give up on using an omega for jogs. But the x-33 research now leave a little poison in the mind.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
But then it had to be the x33. With some luck I managed to lay my hands on a very mint Gen 2 which was fully serviced in Beinne. This is an amazing watch. Will put more pictures later on during the day. But here is a little family shot. The spaceman, the speedman and of course the seaman.

W

Reactions: DocJekl

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm in the mountains a lot. I wear a garmin when I'm running (for the data), but when I'm on my weekly hike with my dad (when data isn't so important), I strap on my speedy. Often we do out-n-backs, so if we have 3 hrs to hike then I'll time it to turn around at 1h30m. I wouldn't hesitate to wear my speedy in most non-underwater activities.

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Most athletic activities are not going to exert the g forces necessary to disrupt a decent mechanical watch. About the only activity I wouldn't recommend doing with a mechanical watch is mountain biking because of the extreme continual shocks that a watch could experience. It's not likely you are going to actively seek to damage your arm so the watch on your arm should be safe.

I don't golf with any of my watches but that has more to do with the weight of the watch not so much a fear of watch failure.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I don't wear my Speedy Pro when I go running ( 9 or 18 or 27 miles). I'm not worried about it getting damaged. I'm worried about it stinking of sweat!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts