WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have never seen one in picture. But figure it must be possible to order since the Marine and Flieger share the same case.

I have one on order, due in May. I'm sure there are photos in the forum, somewhere!

The matte-finish Marine Auto is not listed as an option on the Stowa site, but upon emailing them, I was told it could be done as a special request for +EUR40 (this is the same price differential as for the Marine Original, IIRC). I went with it, as I am looking for a less-dressy look and IMO the matte does that nicely. :-!

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
The brushed ones never seem to come up on the secondary market, always the polished. I agree though, it is a better looking finish for this watch.

·
Registered
162 Posts
IMO, a killer combination for a limited edition release would be:

no date Marine
center second (Zentrumsekunde, ZS?)
40 mm matte case
hacking, handwound 2801 with nice finish under a sapphire back
creme dial (!!)

see the custom execution of this look (but with polished case):
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=17225
(Don't know the movement.)

I know it's irresponsible to even suggest another limited edition, given the state of the current delivery times list, but you gotta dream, right....?

·
Registered
926 Posts
here's mine....
personally, i prefer the brushed case on this model.

Attachments

·
Registered
749 Posts
IMO, a killer combination for a limited edition release would be:

no date Marine
center second (Zentrumsekunde, ZS?)
40 mm matte case
hacking, handwound 2801 with nice finish under a sapphire back
creme dial (!!)

see the custom execution of this look (but with polished case):
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=17225
(Don't know the movement.)
Thanks for the link, I had never seen that marine before. And I agree, that is the marine I would buy.

I know it's irresponsible to even suggest another limited edition, given the state of the current delivery times list, but you gotta dream, right....?
Thanks for the link, I had never seen that marine before. And I agree, that is the marine I would buy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts