WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the flieger classic but I have a huge problem with it. I hate green lume... so I've been looking at the Verus which has BGW9 but I would like it with a brushed case like on the classic, my guess is that Stowa can help me with that. But I wonder if anyone have it brushed?

And sure, you won't get those beautiful blued hands... But I'm also going to buy a Marine.

So.. anyone with pics of a brushed Verus? Or thought about having it brushed? If I buy a Verus I will also have it on the brown flieger strap.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I have a TO2 that has a brushed case. I assume yours would be brushed to the same standard. If true then I think you'd be happy with your choice. I can post a picture if you'd like.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a TO2 that has a brushed case. I assume yours would be brushed to the same standard. If true then I think you'd be happy with your choice. I can post a picture if you'd like.
Yes please :) Thank you

·
Premium Member
33,486 Posts
From the brushed Stowa cases I have seen, they do a great job. Texture is even, lines are in proportion to the case and it really looks good against the dial, IMHO.

As stated above, you should be very satisfied with the results.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
The veritcal scratches and stuff are from wear. It has no finish problems when I first received it.
Below is a close up of the TO2’s brushing:

Reactions: redhed18

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
They didn't offer the verus brushed :(
Did you try giving the Verus Sport a look? It has The brushed case you are looking for, it is 43mm though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you try giving the Verus Sport a look? It has The brushed case you are looking for, it is 43mm though.
Nah. Long lug to lug and 24mm band width puts me off. I prefer small watches. It looks nice but a bit beefy.

Will probably want for a new flieger from Stowa or buy both the classic and verus. Maybe the sandblast looks great irl?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like both finishing. Between the two, I prefer brush, which made the watch more versatile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man it's almost impossible...

Might get the marine and wait for a new flieger. The LE grey and black forest looks great but sold out a long time ago obviously. If the black forest was still around I think I would have bought it. Might come up something new. I would love the classic flieger but with BGW9.

If not I might buy both the classic and the verus. Damn I've been falling in love with this brand.

But right now: Marine and Verus or just the classic flieger with engravings. Damn it's tough.

When do Stowa come with new watches?

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Man it's almost impossible...

Might get the marine and wait for a new flieger. The LE grey and black forest looks great but sold out a long time ago obviously. If the black forest was still around I think I would have bought it. Might come up something new. I would love the classic flieger but with BGW9.

If not I might buy both the classic and the verus. Damn I've been falling in love with this brand.

But right now: Marine and Verus or just the classic flieger with engravings. Damn it's tough.

When do Stowa come with new watches?
I happened to wear my Marine to work today. Yes, I’m also a big fan of of the brand.

My understanding is that there is no fix schedule of new product / special edition release from Stowa. We’ll just have to check out emails on regular basis.

Personally, Marine is my work watch and Flieger / Verus are my weekend or holiday pieces...

Happy hunting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts