WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
So you are saying I need to get married, hmmmm interesting!!!!

Enjoy them in good health

Premium Member

Registered
Now I am debating if to wait for a Batman or just go ahead and purchase a 40mm Explorer II 16570 to complete my collection.
Nice post. It does go to show that with some ADs it pays off to just be a nice, friendly person and someone who is obviously not going to flip the watch. The more ADs I talk to it appears to be extremely important to them that they can trust you not to flip.

I have an AD relationship now, but before that I just focused on buying pre-owned neo-vintage Rolex where I wasn't getting raped on the price. If you can afford to do it, I would highly recommend just going ahead and buying the Explorer II while you wait. I am still waiting on a Batman and will probably finally be allocated one next year. I didn't wait though and went ahead and bought a 2001 GMT that I have been enjoying for a couple of years. I showed it to my SA and that helped to cement in her mind that I was not a flipper and was serious about collecting Rolex whether she was going to help me or not. Since I've gotten 3 new Rolex though the 5 vintage I have are languishing in the safe. The new models are really very, very good! Still, I have zero regrets. I purchased that 16710 GMT for $6,700. So buying something to tie me over is actually going to make me money when I finally go to sell..... can't beat that!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Nice post. It does go to show that with some ADs it pays off to just be a nice, friendly person and someone who is obviously not going to flip the watch. The more ADs I talk to it appears to be extremely important to them that they can trust you not to flip.

I have an AD relationship now, but before that I just focused on buying pre-owned neo-vintage Rolex where I wasn't getting raped on the price. If you can afford to do it, I would highly recommend just going ahead and buying the Explorer II while you wait. I am still waiting on a Batman and will probably finally be allocated one next year. I didn't wait though and went ahead and bought a 2001 GMT that I have been enjoying for a couple of years. I showed it to my SA and that helped to cement in her mind that I was not a flipper and was serious about collecting Rolex whether she was going to help me or not. Since I've gotten 3 new Rolex though the 5 vintage I have are languishing in the safe. The new models are really very, very good! Still, I have zero regrets. I purchased that 16710 GMT for $6,700. So buying something to tie me over is actually going to make me money when I finally go to sell..... can't beat that!

Yes exactly I think that they go mostly with people who seem nice and won鈥檛 flip the watch. Needless to say I think at this point is all about luck or having a previous relationship before the market got crazy.

Happy saturday!
Watch Hand Plant Arm Analog watch

21 - 26 of 26 Posts