WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Do you mean that the clasp is too much towards one side of your wrist? If so then have it resized where the entire clasp (not just the outer, visible part) is centered at the bottom of your wrist. This might mean that you will have a few more links on one side of the bracelet and the outer portion of the clasp is off center, but having a comfortable watch that you actually enjoy wearing is far more important. Some people find an off center outer clasp to be a big deal but I've never heard anyone complain that the buckle on their leather strap is off center.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
You could try removing more links from the offending side (add them to the other). That may move that part to a more comfortable position...?

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'm with the other guys, best bet is probably to try changing the position of the clasp by adding/removing links from one side to the other.

·
Premium Member
71,325 Posts
You could try removing more links from the offending side (add them to the other). That may move that part to a more comfortable position...?
Reckon that this might be your best bet. My wrist is rather small and I have a similar issue with some of my watches.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,341 Posts
Yes the hinge can be shifted if there are enough removable links. If not try adding one link back and partially tightening with the clasp micro adjustment.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
Between the adjustment holes and removing/adding links to the offending side may help, however, the clasp may or may not remain centered.

If you are unfamiliar with what to do take it to a local jeweler/watchmaker to handle.

·
Premium Member
IWC Porsche Design Titan, IWC Pilot Spitfire, Sinn EZM 10
5,034 Posts
What I'm reffering to is not the clasp it's self but where the long metal piece sits underneath
That's exactly what I'm talking about. I still consider that part of the clasp
Clasp blade. The blades are connected to the bracelet on one side and the clasp on the other. The clasp blades come together at the clasp blade hinge.
If I’m understanding this correctly, the hinge of the clasp blade is digging in to your arm.
The only time I have experienced this is when the bracelet is too tight. Other than adjusting it at the clasp, try adding a link. Otherwise, the suggestion to remove links from one side and add them to the other will shift the clasp blade hinge in the direction of the side you shortened, which will possibly result in a more comfortable fit. Then when you rest your arm on a tabletop for example, the pressure on the clasp that has shifted will likely push the clasp blade hinge away from your arm (think see-saw: push against one side of the clasp where the clasp blade is connected, and the side of the clasp blade where the hinge is will move away from your arm in the opposite direction of the pressure to the other side).

·
Premium Member
36,222 Posts
Maybe replacing it with an aftermarket Seiko bracelet, like a StrapCode one?

Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts