WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dudes,

I was ready to pull the trigger on the Marine Chronometer. The VAT tax sorta chaps my ass, but I draw the line at paying 30 Euro for a PayPal transfer. It's not the money but the principle that gets me. Anyone know if I can order online within the US? Thanks.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Why are you paying 30 euro for a paypal transfer. Shipping costs 30 euro but when I paid 2 weeks ago via paypal there is no transfer cost. Not sure what you are referring to. And there is no VAT for non EU customers.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beats the hell out of me? I add the watch to the cart, it adds 59 Euro for VAT, and 30 Euro for a PayPal transfer. Am I on the wrong order page or something?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ohhhh wait wait wait, when I just continue and get to the last payment page, it takes off the VAT tax, seems to be no PayPal fee, and there's just 30 Euro shipping. Kay I can deal with that. Thanks!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Make sure you are on the english version of the site. Look near the top of the home page and click the British flag. Then the site is in english and you will see two prices listed for the watches when you look at the details for each watch. Add to cart and then continue and put your details in. And the system determines your location and prices accordingly.

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
We forgive your noob-ish ways :)
Their site is not the easiest to navigate initially.

Go New York!

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Ohhhh wait wait wait, when I just continue and get to the last payment page, it takes off the VAT tax, seems to be no PayPal fee, and there's just 30 Euro shipping. Kay I can deal with that. Thanks!
Yeah, and you can see the non-Euro prices by clicking the Union Jack (British, i.e. English).

BTW you may find that Paypal charges a higher exchange conversion rate than some Visa card issuers or banks. They explain it as a 2.5% fee, where you might find your bank/credit union only charges 1%. Also, I'm not entirely clear on the exchange rate that Paypal uses. I thought it was a convenient layer to putting my Steinhart on my credit cart, but it cost me an additional $5-6 that I didn't have to pay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts