WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have nothing against Gnomon, I just want to know if there are any other sellers. I checked eBay but didn't see the exact model.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Reactions: Champagne InHand

·
Registered
877 Posts
Gnomon charges more than direct but gives you that extra bit if warranty, however if you need warranty service, and you live in NA, it just as expensive if not more to ship you watch to Singapore than to Germany. I do like Gnomon for watch brands that do not distribute directly to the USA, like Squale. Right now it's your only way.

I would almost never buy a watch of eBay unless it was a highly trusted seller. I would much rather purchase a slightly used watch from a forum member. eBay is filled with bad replicas. The replica guys/fans try their best to post them and contact eBay, but eBay really doesn't care. Much like Alibaba it's become buy at your own risk.

I will purchase, sometimes through vendors that I can research independently. It's amazing how much and how many things are counterfeited. I have no problems with replicas, but they need to be the best replicas, and you can on,y do that through trusted dealers on forums and you still have no real recourse if you get screwed.

Good replicas actually cost almost as much if not more than genuine Steinhart.

Good sub replicas done through BK or TC cost as much as almost every genuine homage with the better movements etc. eBay has crap from .........s on there built in mass factories with no QC, fake papers and boxes. No all are fake but buy at your own peril on eBay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Direct from Steinhart will be VAT exempt for you, but you'll wait a few days for confirmation of your payment and a few more days for shipment processing and still a few more for Fedex delivery.
I have never ordered from Gnomon but they are slightly more expensive, but ship immediately. Might take 2 days. You might also get some free goodies (straps) from what I hear.
Either way, you'll open up your new watch and be so amazed that you won't even think about what you paid.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have purchased 4 Steinharts from Gnomon, they may be a bit more expensive, but watches arrive in Alabama USA from Singapore in 3 days like clock work. I also have received a Gnomon polishing cloth and nato strap for free every time.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I used to buy and flip high end watches. i actually had several sellers i knew from past dealings on eBay. However taking a chance and loosing $ 1,650 on a totally fake Breitling, I haven't used them other than through the people I know as I mentioned. And in that case I have bought Omegas, Brislings, Rolex, IWC, and others over the years. But that was a long time ago and I dont go there anymore.

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts
I got my 1st Steinhart from Gnomon, arrived in Vancouver BC in 2 days, with 2 "free" straps....was approx. $80US more thru Gnomon, but I figured the straps offset that, and the shipping (via DHL) was super fast....

Now my 2nd,I am going direct thru Steinhart, ordered it Wednesday......saved myself the $80, as I figured I have enough straps to sink an Aircraft carrier...

Of course, I would have got it by now if I'd ordered thru Gnomon, and all the stories of slow shipping and customs issues when buying direct from Steinhart are starting to make me shake a little!

In theory, I should get my shipping confirmation next week, and have my watch by next Friday!

let's see how that works in practice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts