WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
First time poster here on the Stowa forum and WUS, I am on the list for an AO Serial over a year now (no. 228). Could any owners post pics and impressions of their delivered watches, especially case backs, dials etc. Most of the pics on the Stowa site relate to the FO limited edition.
Much appreciated.

S

·
0 Posts
First of all: Welcome to the Official Jörg Schauer & Stowa Forum and welcome to Watchuseek as well.

Mind trying to search for pics/threads yourself by just using our search function (black balk above).

Thank you.

·
Registered
329 Posts
First of all: Welcome to the Official Jörg Schauer & Stowa Forum and welcome to Watchuseek as well.

Mind trying to search for pics/threads yourself by just using our search function (black balk above).

Thank you.
I'd be impressed if you can find a picture of a serial edition FO using the search function. Every photo I have seen has been of the limited edition.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I hear you. I do not see any picture from the AO series watch either, only FOLE. What happens to owner prior to #132? Are you guys too happy to have your watch and forget about us those who are still waiting? Hello, owner #1 to #131 there, can someone post some pictures of your beloved AO series watch?? Many thanks.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Click >Here< . Found it on the first try.

And on the second try, click >Here<

Have a great weekend! :-!

Glen
Interestingly in the second link the supposed serial edition photo has "limited edition" on the case back...

That said that first link is the first concrete evidence I've seen of the serial edition :-! Thanks!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I noticed it too when I first saw the picture. So was there a choice to have FO LE either with gold or regular bridge?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I noticed it too when I first saw the picture. So was there a choice to have FO LE either with gold or regular bridge?
From reading other threads, apparently some of the LE's were shipped without the gold bridge because of a parts shortage.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
....with a price reduction,
or a later done exchange with the gold bridge,
or
with about three months more to wait for the watch and getting an additional strap.

I chose the last option, b-)

Volker ;-)

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Yes, a plain balance bridge was sent with FOLEs that were waiting for the engraved versions.

Apparently, there are only a few Fleiger Original LE models that were crafted with Rhodium plating on the engraved balance bridge instead of the Gold plating on the engraved balance bridge in final delivery. My #16 (now MIA) had the gold plated engraved balance bridge.

Glen

·
Registered
644 Posts
Number 59 says "be patient, you'll be rewarded"

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I am not sure the thief who has my FOLE #16 will reward me. Please keep your eyes peeled in the event it ever makes its public appearance. You know to whom it belongs...

Nice looking Serial Original :-!. I think there a few folks that would love to see more images of your Serial Airman Original.

Glen

·
Registered
644 Posts
Quick 'n dirty

Nice looking Serial Original :-!. I think there a few folks that would love to see more images of your Serial Airman Original.

Glen
on the back deck. Am practising with my new Lumix DMC-LX3 - lots to learn! No photoshop on these - just resizing the image. No filters on camera either.

Glen, Sure didn't mean to kick sand :oops: I can't imagine how you must feel looking at anyone's pictures right now. Carelessness or dishonesty; not much virtue in the choice, is there.

·
Registered
644 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have been looking at other examples of the 6497 movement, and i have to admit that the Stowa example is way ahead of the others. If there is another brand that can make as nice or nicer of an example, please let me know. I am very curious to see.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Re: Quick 'n dirty

Yes, it still stings a little, no doubt. I am just waiting for it to make its public appearance somewhere...

Those are great shots of a fine watch - I can always appreciate that.

The LX-3 is a fantastic camera. F 2.0 Leica lens and a huge sensor puts that camera high on the quality list. I sure enjoy mine. Lx-3 first, then the Prodiver with the G10, then my ex-#16 Lume with the G10 (one of the few images I have of it), then a Coolpix 885. Luminosity is a good thing :-!

Glen

LX-3 on the 2801 LE

G10

Original LE

885 CoolPix version

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Since Glen showed his shots with LX3, here is another lume shot with the same camera on the FO LE

1 - 20 of 31 Posts