WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello--

I was hoping someone could tell me how the AP royal oak 36mm wears? I have a 7.25 wrist and am trying to figure out what size royal oak is best for me. Given that there is no dealer near me I have turned to the forums for its wisdom until I can make a visit to a dealer.

If anyone can tell me how it wears compared to a rolex sub or date just that would greatly help put things into perspective for me. As always side-by-side pictures and wrist shots are encouraged along with personal testimony of their ownership experience. Thank you.

·
Registered
15,107 Posts
36 mm AP on strap, 6.5 in wrist, your larger wrist might make it wear a bit small but I know it's subjective and personal, sorry no date just experience .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,705 Posts
Would wear meaningfully bigger than a datejust of the same size, I'd imagine. It's a chunky watch.
But it has a very thick bezel, so the dial size might be smaller than a comparably sized Datejust. The lack of curvature to the bracelet means that I would never recommend buying a Royal Oak sight unseen.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
the RO is one of the watches that is suppose to look big. I dunno, bringing it down to 36 makes it feel like it might be losing some of that spirit. the datejust seems like a natural fit at 36.

·
Registered
292 Posts
aramypa5.jpg

I came across this on TRF, the 37mm RO 15450 wears similar to a 40mm Sub (5 digit).

Reactions: deuxani
1 - 6 of 6 Posts