WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been wearing this Glycine more and more. Not wearing my Tissot, Movado or Luminox very often. However I'm thinking that I'd like to find something that would be more rugged. So what's out there for a dive style watch that is tough as nails? Nicer than a G-Shock and less money than a Sinn U1

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
6,885 Posts
From what I own, either of these would be perfect in a apocalypse situation.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
Tuna
20200322_223325_1584884100288.jpg

Marathon
20200322_223246_1584884179684.jpg

Looking for something a bit prettier, but still chunky and tough, an Aquis
20200322_223301_1584884249306.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Handsome and rugged watches, every one, but good luck getting any of them serviced if a real apocalypse happened. 20 years after the event, the only thing that might still work would probably be some digital solar watch.
LOL that's a good point... I didn't think that far ahead

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
in today's situation, is toilet roll more important, or Rolex more precious?
Some food for thoughts...

Reactions: fisher20

·
Registered
609 Posts
It’s really hard to beat the Sinn UX as a bullet proof apocalypse, go through hell watch!!

For less $$ than a Sinn I’d say either my Tuna or Darth Tuna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Thing about dive watches is that they are all robust in build design and should serve you well in tough times, personally I think a hand wound military style piece would be best, on the fence on crystal material, both acrylic and sapphire have their advantages. Smiths PRS-29A (36mm, acrylic crystal) comes to mind, had one years ago and it was a solid, well built watch.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
I'm thinking that I'd like to find something that would be more rugged. So what's out there for a dive style watch that is tough as nails? Nicer than a G-Shock and less money than a Sinn U1
I've owned Sinn U1SE.I've owned most every micro brand diver out there.Go look at the technology & parts used in the Damasko DSub(there are 3 versions).IN HOUSE made cases,bezels & crowns cut from German Submarine Steel!Titanium Screw In Crown Tube.Patented self lubricating,triple Viton O-ring sealed crown stem,Patented Ceramic Ball Bearing bezel is hands down the worlds best dive bezel!!!Even Sinn is an overpriced desk diver when compared!
You can get them gently used around $1000.00..NOTHING you can get for less than $3500.00 compares & NONE of them has as perfect a bezel!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Boring choice but my solar G, on an alternative slightly softer OEM rubber strap.

EDIT:

Woops, just read OP more closely.

For an affordable diver between a G and a Sinn, I’d probably go with this in my current collection (again, perhaps a boring choice):

Or if I had spare batteries, this to entertain myself some more (200m WR):

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Puck and fisher20

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've owned Sinn U1SE.I've owned most every micro brand diver out there.Go look at the technology & parts used in the Damasko DSub1.IN HOUSE made cases,bezels & crowns cut from German Submarine Steel!Titanium Screw In Crown Tube.Patented self lubricating,triple Viton O-ring sealed crown stem,Patented Ceramic Ball Bearing bezel insert is hands down the worlds best dive bezel!!!Even Sinn is an overpriced desk diver when compared!
You can get them gently used around $1000.00..NOTHING you can get for less than $3500.00 compares & NONE of them has as perfect a bezel!!!
I've heard great things about Damasko!! Thanks for the info

·
Registered
917 Posts
I have the Marathon (built like a tank), the Damasko (also solid). Both priced right. Me personally I would go with the Marathon. It’s a tried and true if the $h1t hits the fan watch.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts