1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
180 Posts
Oh, boy....here we go again. Do yourself a favor and do a search for Apogaum within this forum. You will find plenty of comments.

The dial on the model you are looking at states "Swiss", but the chrono (if it more than just a "looks-only" chrono) movement is Chinese. They also use the Porsche Carrera name and imagery illegally. This false labeling should be all you need to know.

Has anyone herd of these? I saw it on E-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Swiss-APOM-Watc...08QQihZ014QQcategoryZ3857QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The price just looks too good to be true for an Automaitic Chrono. I'd like to know more about this before I bid.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Have to agree with ChronoMATT. If I were you I would avoid this Watch and seller too. I doubt very much that this is a real Chronograph. This seller always lists his Watches as Swiss and limited edition of about 200 pieces. Both claims obviously false. It is just impossible to sell a Swiss made Automatic Chronograph for his sort of prices.

Beats me how he gets such high positive feedback!

·
Registered
495 Posts
This brand has pros and cons. Depending on what you want, you may be happy or disappointed.

Some of the cons are as follows: This brand plays fast and loose with labeling (e.g. "Swiss Made", "Superlative Chronometer", as well as brand names like Ferrari etc.). Also, with respect to chronographs, 99% of their subdialed watches are multifunction non-chronographs, meaning they have no stopwatch function, but rather probably keep track of day, date. The watch you're interested in appears to fall into this category. The watches that in fact are chronographs are quartz, except for one that claims to be a genuine automatic chronograph and is priced higher than the others. Finally, I have seen complaints about hands and indices falling off.

Some of the pros: Price. If you just want the look without the $$$ commitment, this may be the way to go. I still occasionally consider buying their Tag Monaco knock off. Also, their cases and dials are decent. At least the one I owned (a Daytona knock off) was. I sold mine on this forum and I miss it a bit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I figured that they were lying about somthing, but the chrono dials don't move? That would have bothered me. I'm glad becauce I was tempted to buy it. I'm glad I didn't.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Well, I figured that they were lying about somthing, but the chrono dials don't move? That would have bothered me. I'm glad becauce I was tempted to buy it. I'm glad I didn't.

They probably move, but one dial looks like a 24 hour dial, the dial that goes from 1 to 7 is probably for the day of the week and not sure about the other one. But this Watch is definately not a Chronograph.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They probably move, but one dial looks like a 24 hour dial, the dial that goes from 1 to 7 is probably for the day of the week and not sure about the other one. But this Watch is definately not a Chronograph.
Good Catch! I saw what you ment with the dials.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I bought one early on this year.

My advice: don't.

·
Vendor
26,822 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts